Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Default What's the shortest milestone program/class you are aware of?

To those who have first hand knowledge, what is the shortest milestone program/class you are aware of? I have a copy of the milestone completion credit schedule, found here, so I understand how much time will come off for each milestone, but it gives no indication of how long each milestone takes which is what I need to know.

I've heard that there are milestone classes that only last 1-1 1/2 months that can equate to a week off. Anyone know if that's true? I've also heard that when there is a wait list, they sometimes bump up those whose release dates are close??

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2011, 03:05 PM
We were MEANT to be!

Does anyone know...If the inmate doesnt qualify for the milestone program, does having a job take any time off. And if so, is there some where I can read this information at? Thanks!

Old 03-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Milestone credits are the same credits you may have heard others refer to as "early release through an up to additional 6 weeks off per year." Only those eligible for half time and who are not currently serving time for a "strike" offense can earn up to 6 weeks off per year off through participation in many of the designated programs/classes. Some programs/classes earn only 1 week off and others, 2, 3, all the way up to 6 weeks. From what I understand, the length of time it takes to complete a program/class does not equate to the same number of weeks off, i.e., a six week class does not equate to 6 weeks off as suggested previously. I would think the shortest programs/classes only equate to 1 week off, and have heard there are some that only take a 1-1 1/2 months to complete, although, I'm still trying to confirm this myself.

Here's an informative FAQ provided by the CDCR.

Please, anyone with personal experience is asked to share their experience here as this thread seems more full of questions than answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCherryNikki View Post
Hello everyone, I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I am new to PTO and searched but didnt find any info on this.

My fiance recently told me to search and find this new program thats called in CDC 'milestones' and if you are convicted of a non-violent crime you can qualify to get about 12 weeks reduced off your sentence. I searched all over the web and nothing, was hoping anybody if anybody has heard anything about this? Please help if you have.

Thanks a lot,
Nikki
Old 03-22-2011, 12:52 PM

Default Please help lol i need some info

i need information regarding the plan to start releasing inmated from prison early due to over populating!! If anyone knows where i can go on ths sight to read about it please let me know...or if u have info u can share that would be appriciated...thank you
Old 03-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

To my knowledge the only things currently being done to ease CA's prison overcrowding are:
1. Up to an additional 6 weeks off per year through milestone credits for those eligible for day for day who are not currently serving time for a strike offense;
2. 2 for 1 days for those upon completion of training for assignment to a conservation camp or to a correctional institution as an inmate firefighter or who are assigned to a correctional institution as an inmate firefighter who are otherwise eligible to earn day for day (previously 2 for 1 started only upon assignment to a camp) and;
3. Transferring inmates out of state.

As for whether the original ruling to reduce CA's prison population by approximately 40,000 inmates will stand is still pending. The U.S. Supreme Court has yet to decide, but is expected to any day now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzvilla2021 View Post
i need information regarding the plan to start releasing inmated from prison early due to over populating!! If anyone knows where i can go on ths sight to read about it please let me know...or if u have info u can share that would be appriciated...thank you
Old 04-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Another poster in another thread said that it took her LO two weeks once mainlined this past January to enroll in two college courses that took two months to complete and equated to 6 weeks off his EPRD!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:50 PM

I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but anyone know of inmates being released earlier than their date given because of overcrowding?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

See post 180 here in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supadupaalex18 View Post
I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but anyone know of inmates being released earlier than their date given because of overcrowding?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:17 AM

i suppose county jail is a different story than prison, because i have a friend who was suppose to serve 90 days and only checked in and was released same day he was processed.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSCLARK82702 View Post
So my husband says records is trying to catch up and they are sending letters out with new release dates =d so hold tight ladies our men should be getting out a little bit earlier
Question? Just how did your husband hear about records being behinded? thats interesting - where did he get that one from?
Old 04-14-2011, 01:02 PM
StoneInLove4everA&RBates

Default Milestone Program & DCCF...???

Hellooooo... After spending 4 1/2 months in reception at Wasco, it was determined that my man was eligible for the Milestone Program & was mainlined to Delano Community Correctional Facility (DCCF) in November 2010. DCCF is a small private facility & at this time there are only approx 500+ inmates housed there. If you go to their website, DCCF claims to provide several class room programs & work programs, inside & out, for inmates to earn their Milestone Credits & prepare for their release. But according to my man it is not happening there. He says that no one gets the 6 weeks as promised & only a lucky few will get 1 maybe 2 weeks off their time. He says there are only 11 seats for like 500 guys & when you first arrive at DCCF & sign up for your classes it is not first come first serve, it is determined by the inmates release date who gets to go to class, so the guys who get there after you & have a release date before you get put in front of you. My man was like #200 on waiting list 5 months ago & is now #237 (or somethin) AND is being told he will not be able to start his courses until late June or mid July! His tentative release date is August 26 2011 which means NO EARLY RELEASE for us as supposedly promised Luckily my man has a job & a pay number so at least half his day is keeping him busy. Other than that all there is for him there is NOTHING. According to my man DCCF offers nothing for them. They cant use the big yard because of the valley fever so they sit around doing nothing, play whatever games they come up with or make inside, read, watch tv or sleep & sleep somemore. So in my eyes the CCF & milestone program are nothing but a big joke...on us.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

I sooooo hear ya girl! My husband was transferred to Shafter CCF after a 4 1/2 month reception stay as well. They have nothing in the way of milestone opportunities there either! On top of it, they have negotiated probably the most expensive phone contracts I've seen amongst the CCF's so far!! So at $16.25 a call, I get to share one 15 minute phone call a week with our two daughters. They also have limited visiting space so I'm hearing visits are only about two hours. I thought him going to a CCF was going to be a good thing but now I'm wishing he had gone to a regular prison and so is he. Not happy about the whole private prison thing at all!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneRed420 View Post
Hellooooo... After spending 4 1/2 months in reception at Wasco, it was determined that my man was eligible for the Milestone Program & was mainlined to Delano Community Correctional Facility (DCCF) in November 2010. DCCF is a small private facility & at this time there are only approx 500+ inmates housed there. If you go to their website, DCCF claims to provide several class room programs & work programs, inside & out, for inmates to earn their Milestone Credits & prepare for their release. But according to my man it is not happening there. He says that no one gets the 6 weeks as promised & only a lucky few will get 1 maybe 2 weeks off their time. He says there are only 11 seats for like 500 guys & when you first arrive at DCCF & sign up for your classes it is not first come first serve, it is determined by the inmates release date who gets to go to class, so the guys who get there after you & have a release date before you get put in front of you. My man was like #200 on waiting list 5 months ago & is now #237 (or somethin) AND is being told he will not be able to start his courses until late June or mid July! His tentative release date is August 26 2011 which means NO EARLY RELEASE for us as supposedly promised Luckily my man has a job & a pay number so at least half his day is keeping him busy. Other than that all there is for him there is NOTHING. According to my man DCCF offers nothing for them. They cant use the big yard because of the valley fever so they sit around doing nothing, play whatever games they come up with or make inside, read, watch tv or sleep & sleep somemore. So in my eyes the CCF & milestone program are nothing but a big joke...on us.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:51 AM

Default HeLp!! Does anyone know....

My fiancé's release date was set for September 28 2011 but is doing these SAP classes and will get time off for it....does anyone know how much time is actually taken off??
Old 04-29-2011, 02:04 AM
He's my Peace from God

Up to 6 weeks if he doesn't have any other milestone credits. They can only get 6 weeks total per year.

With Gods direction we can get thru this !!

Old 04-29-2011, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoBrat
Up to 6 weeks if he doesn't have any other milestone credits. They can only get 6 weeks total per year.
Thank you I guess it'll b 6 weeks then cuz he will only be in there for a year...
The Following User Says Thank You to OscarzWifey1215 For This Useful Post:
GeckoBrat (04-29-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 07:53 PM
till' death do us part...

Cool

Quote:
That's terrible to be let down like that, I know the feeling. When they transferred my husband out of state and a 7 hour drive from home they gave us a bunch of empty promises as well. We lost our family visits and some amongst other things. On the other hand, congratulations on his homecoming in August! Mine comes home one year from yesterday and I am seeing the light at the end of this long ass 6 year bid. I hope you can find some positive things to focus on.... that's what helps me

Old 04-29-2011, 07:54 PM

Cool

Quote:
That's terrible to be let down like that, I know the feeling. When they transferred my husband out of state and a 7 hour drive from home they gave us a bunch of empty promises as well. We lost our family visits and some amongst other things. On the other hand, congratulations on his homecoming in August! Mine comes home one year from yesterday and I am seeing the light at the end of this long ass 6 year bid. I hope you can find some positive things to focus on.... that's what helps me

Old 04-29-2011, 07:54 PM

Cool

Quote: