Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation & Release > Texas Parole Packet Preparation & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas Parole Packet Preparation & Information Topics & Discussions relating to preparing for parole, parole packets, parole letters and general questions.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:34 PM

Default Examples of a parole support letter from wife?

Ok I have read many support letter examples from family and friends but have not read any on a wife writing a support letter for her husband. I know what to say but not sure how to start it out. Can someone give me some examples. I am wanting to finish up my packet asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks !!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newchange View Post
Ok I have read many support letter examples from family and friends but have not read any on a wife writing a support letter for her husband. I know what to say but not sure how to start it out. Can someone give me some examples. I am wanting to finish up my packet asap. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks !!!

Here's the first couple of paragraphs of mine:

I am writing to you in support of parole for my husband. I have reviewed the letter I submitted for his last parole consideration, and I reaffirm everything in it.

In this letter I want to address the massive and extensive changes in Hubs that I have witnessed over the past year. Discussing the changes I have seen in Hubs through our visits, phone conversations and letters is difficult for me, because to fully appreciate them, you really have to know the Hubs from before. These changes are a great blessing, and I have never been happier to have him for my husband. As counter-intuitive as this may sound, this is the most joyful my life has ever been, and I am convinced that while it is partly due to my own sobriety and spiritual growth, it is also in large part due to the changes I am witnessing in the man I love.

When Hubs is home again, I intend to continue to do all I can to help him remain sober, and to remain in compliance with his probation and his parole requirements. I cannot overemphasize this. I, along with the rest of our family and friends, will be vigilant in helping Hubs to remain free from reoffending. While I realize that the largest portion of this task is, indeed, Hubs’ responsibility, we will all function as a very strong safety net, helping him to continue to remain as aware as he is now of the privilege of parole.

I have a paragraph about what he's done inside, and one about the changes I have actually seen in him, and a concrete example of something I witnessed him saying that backs up what I claim in my letter.

I think it's important to speak from your heart, and to say positive things. Be honest, be yourself, and it will come through the right way.

Good luck!

We are walking down the hall together, babe, one step at a time. I can see the door, and I can feel your hand in mine. I love you. You will always be my Firework.

Last edited by Hallwaywalker; 04-26-2011 at 12:01 AM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hallwaywalker For This Useful Post:
determined23 (05-12-2011), newchange (04-26-2011), walkingnfaith (05-25-2011), Y25 (04-26-2011), zdmom (04-27-2011)