Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison Legislation & Laws
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Legislation & Laws Discuss and learn about pending legislation or changes in laws that affect various prisons and institutions

Old 08-14-2007, 11:36 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,597 Times in 790 Posts
Lightbulb United States Attorneys' Manual

Below are some very good links on different procedure areas of Department of Justice. Take your time there is plenty of information here that I found, that I didn't even know was available. As I find more information thath will be helpful I will add the links

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/index.html
United States Attorneys' Manual
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/eousa/links.html
Useful Links

Britrdazahead13 (11-30-2010), Dances_w_Ghosts (04-30-2011), Dinaroo (06-01-2011), Donald1955 (01-24-2013), flynena (09-21-2008), Ifly56 (07-20-2010), jojolovesMIA (10-28-2012), LifeWithout (11-19-2008), missingmybaby1 (09-19-2008), MrsHicks4life (08-07-2009), My Mo Guy (09-14-2008), noboundries (08-25-2008), Randy'swifey (01-14-2010), sinni (11-18-2010), StormyLove2 (12-03-2011), ~redangel~ (09-17-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

Thank you Patrick, this information is greatly appreciated!!! Now I have more reading to do!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 06:59 AM

The aim of this site is to raise awareness of the range of health and safety legislation that applies to workplaces in Great Britain. It has been designed

• help users discover specific legislation that applies to their industry
  • explain how to trace and obtain Acts and regulations
  • provide links to organisations that can offer advice and guidance on legislation.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:40 PM

Thanked 2,403 Times in 1,455 Posts

thank you! this link has provided me with a key to unlock doors!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickj View Post
Below are some very good links on different procedure areas of Department of Justice. Take your time there is plenty of information here that I found, that I didn't even know was available. As I find more information thath will be helpful I will add the links

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/index.html
United States Attorneys' Manual
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/eousa/links.html
Useful Links

Can you please direct me to the right spot in the dept of justice that handles the MO STATE prisons? There has to be someone somewhere that superseds Matt Blunt and Larry Crawford, and the constituantes office. Someone from the DOJ outside MO that can get a handle on the treatment and broken rules on the doc side of the coin? There are so many injustices done to these inmates and no one and I mean NO ONE will do anything to help. They, the Guards, warden, asst warden, probation and parole, ad seg committee; all them do what they feel at the moment and then tell you either you are lying or the inmate is lying. I am not saying they aren't there for a reason (Inmates,) I am just saying rules and regs are stretched by inside memo's ordered so they supersede the rules and regs. There is a lot of freecasing going on in order to make bed space for inmates that are supposed to be released from ad seg or transferred in. sometimes they have to wait weeks before they get a bed and then they have to file a grievance to get the violation taken off their record, because the ones that are having a bad day are taking it out on them. (there is no compensation when they prove they did nothing wrong they just sit in the hole for days or weeks until they have their hearing and then have to wait for bed space.)Their out time is cut short (I have been on the phone at times when this happens) just because someone doesn't want to hurry what they are doing or wants to get involved doing something else while these inmates are waiting to get out for the few short hours a day they have. ERDCC is running amuk with lower individuals making up the rules and regs, and when you call the Warden his secretary will tell you he has no knowledge or the time to investigate what goes on with the prisoners. Some of the counselers are downright rude. Especially 2 house. And Larry Crawford just always directs you to the contiituents office, which always sides with the prisoners. I happend to be there for my finace's parlole hearing and the ladies came to investigate on some allegations in the visiting room which wasn't the issue at all. I didn't say anything but I listened and I happen to know what the issue was and they were we just patronized and sent on their way. I could go on and on but first I need to find someone that is truly interested and willing to help get them under some kind of control. Also the State of MO does NOT want to release prisoners they want to warehouse them. Another question is why a certain level is given to one kind of inmate than another, when the one has done a worse crime than the one with the higher level. I have so many unanswered questions, need someone I can trust and someone certainly out of the state of MO that has more authority and willing to investigate.

Sincerly
My Mo Guy
Old 10-28-2008, 02:32 PM

sure do understand your emotions!my loved one is at erdcc and it is awful so very differant than fulton where he came from.my loved one should already be gone for it was a evaluation but his pandp hearing isnt till late november,we have saw first hand as much as 90 to 120 days there when should be 30 days,for they say they have no room to transfer them to,bunch of crap!i am at work but would like to talk to you more,so please write me so can talk personelly.thanks beckyofoz
Old 11-10-2009, 09:53 PM

Default Please Appeal

Can anyone explain the process of an appeal? I am trying to find out how to follow up on an appeal and/or how to speed up the process.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:36 AM

Default Fine out the right Criminal Attorney here

We know that finding the right Criminal Attorney can be tough, and that the process can be confusing. That's why we provide you with a list of the best Criminal Attorneys in Top Hits.

Criminal attorneys represent clients who have been accused of committing a crime, and defend their rights at each stage of a misdemeanor or felony case from an arrest to an appeal after conviction. Criminal defense attorneys may be hired privately or provided by the government.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Banned

It gives quick and ready the results.It contains general policies and guidance which are relevant to the work of the United States Attorneys. The offices and their relations with the legal divisions, investigative agencies, and other components within the Department of Justice.It give good support to the people.