Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Prisoner Addiction Resources
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prisoner Addiction Resources Prison and prison release specific topics and resources regarding addiction.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:08 PM
MsJenniMei

Question Pretrial drug testing

hi guys;

js a few simple questions i was wonderin about...
when do pretrial service drug test? before or after they put the report together?
do they test after sentencing?
do they test when you go in... and if they do, how would that affect someone's sentence?

hope someone can help
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2010, 06:30 PM
PTO Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,696 Times in 9,355 Posts

Monitored Conditional Release (MCR) is often ordered by the Judge when a defendant makes bond. I had 24 hours to call Pretrial Services and make my initial appointment. I was not tested at that meeting but was given an 800 # that I was to call every morning between 6-7 a.m. Every morning. No excuses. When I made the call, I had to enter my social and was told by a recording whether it was my day to test or not according to whatever color the "computer voice" said. I was "blue," which was called at least 5x more than any other color. Testing was only done from 10:30 a.m.-1:00p. Period. It was $25 every time my color came up, 1/2 the county was assigned blue, so there was usually a wait. Blue came up once a week every week on random days. I did not have to go back after sentencing......I had to start checking in at the PO's office once a month and pay $20. Was I ever glad for that!!! As for affecting sentencing, it probably could, especially if any tests are postive. A big no-no! And bond is revoked.

Last edited by patchouli; 11-11-2010 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: sp/add comment