Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiolove View Post
the link doesn't seem to work anymore! anybody know of another one?
I am from the UK and currently going through the immigration thing to be with my husband. The site you want is uscis.gov. You can download all the forms you will need there.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheray View Post
I wonder if Kangawoo was able to get to the us and marry her inmate cos thats what I would like to do. But how can they sponsor you if they have no money, no regular income worth mentioning and are in prison? Wouldnt that look suspicious to immigration peole or visa people??? I really dont know how people get around this if they ever do. Does anyone know???
I am currently going through immigration and my husband is my sponsor, even through he is in prison. However, I also have to have a joint sponsor on the outside. All it is for is for the joint sponsor to state that they would be prepared to take care of you to ensure that you will not claim welfare or any other benefits while in this country. I came here from the UK last year on a tourist visa, got married, and then left after 3 weeks. Then a few months later I came back again, without having changed my name or anything on my passport, as though I were here for a vacation. When my tourist visa was up (6 months later) I applied for a change of status due to my marriage. If I had've done it any other way, they would have assumed that I was just marrying for my green card and refused me outright entry into the country. As it was they questioned and questioned me about why I was back again so soon. I got through the immigration at the airport, went through the doors only to go through it all again with the feds!!! Since 9/11 they are very thorough. They view marriages like this as peole just trying to get into the country and get a green card. It doesn't occur to them that actually we may just truly love each other and want to be together.
My husband and I are very financially secure, our bank accounts are in joint names as is the house we own outright but they still insisted on my having a joint sponsor.
The poverty lines for a joint sponsor are reasonable and they do not have to be earning massive amounts of money to be able to sponsor you, but they will be asked to provide lots of information and proof of income etc. it is a very invasive process so if you have someone who says they are willing to do it, explain that to them. It can take months and they will come back every week wanting more and more information from them. Alot of people get tired of doing it (my brother-in-law being one of them and my ex room-mate another).
Go to uscis.gov and everything is explained on there along with all the forms you will need.
If possible hire an immigration lawyer who will do all the forms and present them for you and attend any interviews with you if necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to brk103 For This Useful Post:
sparky1979 (04-27-2014)
Old 12-11-2009, 08:13 AM

For over 2 years, I have been an active member of a forum called immigrate2us. It's a wonderful site that helps people through the immigration process. No hypocricy. Just answers. Anyone wanting a shoulder of friendship and excellent advice for anything immigration related should go to this site.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lilboriqua103 For This Useful Post:
brandonsgirlie (08-22-2010), LittleSnowflake (02-07-2011), susan stanton (05-14-2011), wandagrumpy (11-02-2010)
Old 11-02-2010, 07:59 PM

Default immigration

i need some help my boyfriend is being deeported because of something that happen 6 yrs ago he came here legally with his parents when he was 2 yrs old and he has his green card his father is a citizen but his parents got divorced and he lived with his mom they dont want to give him his citizenship will somebody plz let me know wat to do we only have one month before he goes back to court thanx
Old 11-02-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboriqua103 View Post
For over 2 years, I have been an active member of a forum called immigrate2us. It's a wonderful site that helps people through the immigration process. No hypocricy. Just answers. Anyone wanting a shoulder of friendship and excellent advice for anything immigration related should go to this site.
where do i ask questions at the site