Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhoodswife View Post
Holding in your pee is not going to fool the test, it fact most of of the flushing of your system happens while sleeping so her test would show everything. Drinking water and peeing all night long would delute her pee and mess the test up. And they would see that. FYI I use to run the drug test.
Why are you quoting me? I stated what she's doing is bad for her medically and she's going to end up sick with a UTI or kidney infection from holding it for so long. That's a medical fact. You should never hold your urine for so long.

I do think if you have nothing to hide, there's no need to go through so much just to pee for a test. I drink 10 glasses of water a day as well as 4-6 glasses of green tea. I've never been accused of trying to mess with the test. Of course, having never done drugs, I don't have anything to worry about.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 09:38 PM

Default Too much water..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aba_in_elpaso View Post
Honestly I have no problems taking the test, or with the fact that it's a condition of my bond. I have everything to lose by using drugs so the test is no problem. And when I go in there, I go in happy and leave happy because I no I have nothing to fear. I don't see it as a violation of my rights, I see it as a court-ordered condition of my release. And the court could have set a higher bond, imposed electronic monitoring or otherwise, but instead I call a number, and if my color comes up I go do my thing. It's no big deal in my opinion.
Ya, ya. I understand the fact it doesn't bother you. But, would it bother you if it came out positive (or failed the drug test) because you drank too much water?

****** Keep a prayer on your lips and a song of hope in your heart ******

Last edited by CoChese; 01-20-2010 at 09:39 PM..
Old 01-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Probation & Parole Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoChese View Post
...I despise the drug test. The reason I despise it is because it violates our freedom and pronounces someone as "guilty" until proven innocent. I can't stand that because I am old school.
Actually, if someone is on supervision, their rights are usually much less than that of someone who doesn't have a felony conviction. So giving a urinalysis which tests for the presence of controlled and illegal substances is acceptable if the individual is on supervision. Not going to address the urinalyses that companies give to their employees.

Quote:
What totally freaks me out about this conversation is the fact people are saying you can fail a drug test because you drink water?!!!!??? WTF!!!
No, what was said is that if the test comes back with a low creatinine level or gives the appearance of being water, without a hint of yellow color in it, that it can be and, in some instances, will be considered a violation of supervision as that indicates an attempt by the Offender to dilute the specimen and confuse the drug test.
These things are for lesser men.
Protect the weak against the evil strong.
And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."
Old 01-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,437 Times in 800 Posts

Quote:
Ya, ya. I understand the fact it doesn't bother you. But, would it bother you if it came out positive (or failed the drug test) because you drank too much water?
It would bother me if I failed a drug test for any reason, considering 1) I'm not using drugs and 2) my life is better now without drugs in my life and 3) I'm not going to ruin anything positive I have going for me with regard to sentencing because I've failed a drug test. That being said....

To answer your question...I don't drink water before a test....I just drink gatorate (G2) and coffee. And when it's time for the test, I perform. My pre-trial officer recommended that I drink gatorade, coffee, or soda. I don't drink soda so I go for the first two. I don't drink water before a test specifically for that reason, but I think if there was a high water presence in my test my officer would test me again, as I believe he believes I'm not using any drugs.

And Sephora: by the way, I'm a guy
Old 01-21-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
No. Soda is 90% water and you are not giving accurate facts. Just drinking water will NOT medically dilute a test. Your statements make me wonder about your credibility. Soda is worse for people than water. So what your are saying is that you put your parolees in physical jeopardy and that your tests are medically flawed?
It's quantity. Larger amounts will dilute a test, but were talking, a lot of water.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:13 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Louis View Post
Actually, if someone is on supervision, their rights are usually much less than that of someone who doesn't have a felony conviction. So giving a urinalysis which tests for the presence of controlled and illegal substances is acceptable if the individual is on supervision. Not going to address the urinalyses that companies give to their employees.

No, what was said is that if the test comes back with a low creatinine level or gives the appearance of being water, without a hint of yellow color in it, that it can be and, in some instances, will be considered a violation of supervision as that indicates an attempt by the Offender to dilute the specimen and confuse the drug test.
OK, so if the test can be confused, they should change the test. If the darn thing isn't full proof, then they shouldn't use it against people.
But what you said makes sense. Thanks for the reply. I was looking at it from MY viewpoint and I am not on probation nor have I ever been, and it's the employer type testing that pisses me off. Oh, I do it, but I hate it. Probably because I'm too much of a democrat and a true believer in one's freedom and rights. And guilty until proven innocent is something that is running rabid now a days! OOps, Im definitely in the wrong forum. Sorry.. Im outta here!!!

****** Keep a prayer on your lips and a song of hope in your heart ******

Last edited by CoChese; 01-21-2010 at 08:19 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to CoChese For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (05-14-2012)
Old 01-25-2010, 04:13 AM

any other tips?
Old 01-26-2010, 04:43 PM

I would see if they do the mouth swab testing.................I hope it works out.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:26 PM

Default Desperate in Seattle

You seem to be pretty level headed in this area and I so much appreciate that. Maybe you can help me with my situation.
I've been taking UA's since October 2008. The first time I went in to visit my parole officer, I had to take a UA. I had just come from the 1/2 way house and it was 8 in the morning. It took me 6 hours to pee for her. Luckily they let me sit there and wait. They let me drink 1 cup of water and I tried 3-4 times. No luck. Finally the Senior officer came out and wondered why I was still there and he let me go and get some lunch. I drank a huge pop and came back and finally was able to produce a urine sample. I knew I was clean and that was the most frustrating part. After that, I planned ahead and made myself wait all day to be able to go. Our hours out here in Seattle are from 3-5 pm. No exceptions. I did ok for a while but last March I moved closer to work which put me at another office. My PO there is very cool and is the senior officer. Unfortunatley he is a man and he can't observe my ua's. There are 2-3 lady's there who do the testing and I do pretty good with all but one of them. EVERY time I get her, I freeze and can't go. It takes me 2-3 attempts and that is along with my waiting all day to pee. She started getting very annoyed with me like I put her out and took too much of her time. Well, the other day, I was out in the waiting area and guess who comes and opens the door. Yup, blondie who hates me. I said under my breath, "great" and she heard me. Well she says, "great, huh? Well I'm the only one here and you'll just have to deal with it. Are you going to start your tricks now? Like you can't go etc? I've let you get away with murder. I accepted a drop from you before and you should be thankful I did." I don't know about you, but when someone is yelling at me about being able to pee on command, I get stressed and I freeze no matter how bad I have to go. I even pee in a hat so there is no question of using my hands, etc. She stares at me and yells, "pants below the knees" and I freak. I got there at 3:30 and at 4:55, I make my final attempt and while we were making our way back to the room, I see one of the other lady's so I say, "can't I just go with her? Well, they both start yelling at me about how they are not going to accomidate me again and this was the last time. They went on with this for at least 10 minutes and even brought a guy in on the beating. She says, "I've been doung this for 20 years and never have come accross this". They said, "you better get on the internet and find out what your problem is because this is the last time". Well here I am asking for any advice. The thing is, is that I am clean and that's the worst part about not being able to go. As soon as the other lady came in, she started in with me but I asked her to be quiet and peed right away. I'm at a loss.
Sorry this was so long, but I really wanted to give a good account of my situation. I really am doing what I am supposed to be doing. I have a great job and nice things and am far away from drugs and that horrible life. It would be a shame to go back to prison for this and that's what they threaten. The ladys anyway. My PO is so busy that he is rarely there. I'm at a loss. Thanks. This is my firs time doing blogging. How will I know if anyone comments?

Last edited by makingmyway; 03-19-2010 at 05:37 PM..
Old 03-20-2010, 04:36 AM

So for the last year and a half, you've had clean UA's, and now a PO is yelling at you for no apparent reason? Something is missing in this story.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Flippin-N-Flyin
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,900 Times in 1,673 Posts

That would be so frustrating! I have a son in prison for drugs, but I'm drug tested by my physician. I have chronic pain that is so bad I have to have proceedures done every month on my spine. In between I'm on heavy pain medications and depressants and I hate having to take it. My pain is under control but I feel like crap all the time! When I'm drug tested, I'm not only doing it to see if there are other drugs in my system, I have to do to prove the drugs I am prescribed are in my system. Sometimes I have the same problem being able to give a sample. However, my doctor has been treating me for almost twenty years and believes I'm not a person to lie to him but he still has to follow guidelines, so I have to stay until he gets the sample. I think you should do what works for you and as long as you are drug free you have nothing to worry about. If the woman continues to treat you this way I would speak with my po and try to see if you could be scheduled with someone else.

Love my 1st grandson, RIP
I miss you!
Old 03-21-2010, 09:52 PM

Okay wow. While there are alot of right answers here there are alot of wrong ones also.

First off its not just water and green tea that can dilute your urine,
Water/Green Tea/Gatoraid/Coffee/Etc. ALL of these can show dilution in a urine sample. Like past stated it is the creotine lvls that are tested. Anything that makes your Urine go from Bright yellow/orange/dark whatever to a Light yellow almost Clear
is diluted Urine.

It is HARDER to dilute your urine with soda for the simple fact soda is known to cause dehydration instead hydration... Ever noticed how you can drink 5 cans of soda and still urinate dark (This is primarly due to sugars and Caffiene in soda)....where as with water/coffee/tea etc your urine gets lighter and lighter?

When your body is overly hydrated it sheds the ecess water...the more hydrated the lighter the Urine will be therefore being questioned as OVER hydrating in hopes of lowering the lvls of drugs that may be present in your system...Lighter Urine Less concentrate

Look at it like Orange Juice...You buy a can add three cans of water it is bright yellow/orange..add 3 more cans..it gets lighter and tastes less and less like orange juice...keep adding water and eventually you will dilute the orange content to non exsistent. Same principal with Urine tests.

As for getting a UTI from soda? Really? Do you know how much soda (NOTHING ELSE) over how many weeks/months you would have to do this to get a UTI? Drinking a couple sodas before a UA isnt going to hurt you...if you are worried about it go home and drink 20 gallons of water and flush your system

Old 10-29-2010, 06:30 AM

my son and other in the half-way house keep getting violations for diluted urine. The staff told him he MUSt drink water, then the urine is diluted. I think the inmates should be able to take a blood test or another test at their own expense. Is there any test that will be approved by the feds?

Last edited by Kathyinmaine; 10-29-2010 at 06:31 AM..
Old 10-30-2010, 01:14 AM

Not sure how the feds feel about hair follicle tests, but I've used them before at the state/felony level. The Offender has to pay the cost themselves (usually $75-100 per pop per month) and it will show use for the entire month. Not a problem if they're staying clean, but it has backfired on 2 people before that thought they were going to be "slick" on it.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:07 AM

Will they allow you to put a few drops of pure peppermint oil in the toilet before going? It opens up the urethra and forces you to pee. We use this method on laboring women all the time. It's natural and I don't see how it would effect the outcome of the test since it's placed in the toilet bowl and not the cup your peeing in.

God reminded me of the blessing He gave to all of us, forever, through Paul's letters from prison. God is no stranger to His people being in prison. And he is big enough to bring blessing from it.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:11 PM

We don't allow any adulteration of the toilet water. We don't allow anything in the screening room other than the offender and the urine cup.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:39 PM

What VA PO said.