Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Minnesota Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Minnesota prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:14 PM

Default Does anybody know the Moose Lake cell phone prefix?

My son is being transferred and we are almost certain it will be to Moose Lake. So I will need to change the cell phone number from St Cloud but need to know the ML prefix.
He was accepted into Boot Camp but has to wait until April to get in - need to have 48 months or less left to serve and he will by then.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2010, 08:21 PM

Well, it was not Moose Lake that he was transferred to today. He was actually brought to Washington County jail in Stillwater and will be there for 90 days before going to Moose Lake. Really sucks that he is back in a county jail - and they did not let him bring his personal stuff from St Cloud - like shampoo, etc. Which means buying it all in the county vending machine again at outragious prices. And his money on his St Cloud will not be transferred for a week!
Old 07-28-2010, 03:20 PM

OMG - i dont want to upset you but my boy was in washington county jail b4 moose lake and i hated him there . it was awful - unless your son like baloney - white rice and beans and cake with no frosting . my son was there for 3 months as well - they do not have an outdorr area for there inmates , the food sucks , canteen costs are outragous , my son had cake for lunch and supper everyday for 2 months with no frosting then the last month they switched over to half baked cookies . they say once youve been in prison county sucks . he has never been so happy to be back in prison now . he has a room with a window , gets to go outside , GREAT food , got hid tv back and even has a job in the kitchen . i know some others got transfered to other county jails as well but at least them other jails had outdoor areas and decent call centers - washington county has icsoulutions for there phone service - i have had nothing but trouble with them . reliance is the best but washington county dont go through them . icsoultions charged 2.85 hook up per call and 23 cents a minute b4 5 and 11 cents after 5 . that is if you have a local number on your cell phone otherwise it was like 3.95 hook up and 45 cents a minute . what a joke there - i feel bad for your son - prison is paradise compared to washington county jail .
Old 08-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Donation Award 

380 is the most commonly used one.

"The tie which links mother and child is of such pure and immaculate strength as to be never violated." ~Washington Irving
Old 08-06-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfjchester View Post
OMG - i dont want to upset you but my boy was in washington county jail b4 moose lake and i hated him there . it was awful - unless your son like baloney - white rice and beans and cake with no frosting . my son was there for 3 months as well - they do not have an outdorr area for there inmates , the food sucks , canteen costs are outragous , my son had cake for lunch and supper everyday for 2 months with no frosting then the last month they switched over to half baked cookies . they say once youve been in prison county sucks . he has never been so happy to be back in prison now . he has a room with a window , gets to go outside , GREAT food , got hid tv back and even has a job in the kitchen . i know some others got transfered to other county jails as well but at least them other jails had outdoor areas and decent call centers - washington county has icsoulutions for there phone service - i have had nothing but trouble with them . reliance is the best but washington county dont go through them . icsoultions charged 2.85 hook up per call and 23 cents a minute b4 5 and 11 cents after 5 . that is if you have a local number on your cell phone otherwise it was like 3.95 hook up and 45 cents a minute . what a joke there - i feel bad for your son - prison is paradise compared to washington county jail .
Yes - it is exactly like you posted and he absolutely hates it there! The food situation is horrible. That is really upsetting because while he was in St Cloud he had totally gotten off the junk food, was preparing for boot camp, and was looking so healthy. Now, he has gone back to the junk food just to have some food in his stomache! I just don't understand why they do that.
Also, in St Cloud he was working on getting his high school diploma since he had quit school a couple months before graduation. Now that had to come to a halt too. Which was really disappointing because we had all begged him for years to do this, he finally was, and was so happy and pumped up about it.
I really think it was stupid that they didn't even get to take in their own toiletries stuff that they had bought in St Cloud. Meant buying it all through vending all over again. As for his tv, he just recieved his in St Cloud the same day that he got transferred! So he never even as much as got to turn it on. That made me so mad because I scrimped and saved to give him money for the tv and we (the rest of the family) had to do without alot just to send him money for a tv he has not even got to use!

Is your son also going in to the boot camp? How long has he been at Moose Lake?

Sorry for babbling - nice to be able to "talk" to somebody that also experienced dealing with the Washington County Horror Hole!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominakins View Post
380 is the most commonly used one.
Thank you! Right now I have temporarily changed the cell phone to Stillwater (Washington County Jail) but his "next stop" will be Moose Lake.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:45 PM

my boy was at washington county for 102 days . and has been in moose lake now a month . i think its wrong to ship inmates out to county jails until space opens up where they are suppose to be sent after intake in st cloud . my son had his tv for one week , and he had a job in st cloud for 2 weeks . did your sons property get to come with to washington county ? not to use it but so its there when he transfers to moose lake ? because some people had to send there stuff home . and as far as toiletries and such they should have been able to keep them too. washington county is all about ripping people off by charging outrageous prtces. and that little bit of food they get at meals makes me sick . i wish i had words of comfort for you while he is at that shithole of a jail. i would always tell my son "look at it as one less day there and one day closer to getting out of there" someone else jus arrived at moose lake and said it is like a college dorm .i so cant wait for your son to go there - i ask my son what he eats every time he calls - its a mom thing - he has had spaghetti , pancakes, sausage .philly steak and cheese sandwiches . meatball subs . chicken nuggets . chef salada . i could go on about the good food and the activites offered to them . before my son went to moose lake i always told him its easy for me to say but hang in there . they even get rooms that have a window they can open ! what is your sons boot camp start month ?moose lake wants you there ae least 3 months b4 starting . keep me posted . enjoy talking to someone i can relate with .
Old 09-03-2010, 10:39 PM

Haven't been on here in awhile. My computer was in getting fixed.

My son will be going to the boot camp in April - so he will have a while in Moose Lake. I went to visit him a week ago at Washington County hellhole. It was so sad seeing how unhealthy he is looking from not eating well. He is 6'4" and needs much more food than the junk they serve.

He gets frustrated there, but most days he is handling it better than I am. I talk to him every day - thank goodness for the cell phone tips I had gotten on this forum. Before he was able to get his 1st phone card, he was calling collect. Oh my gosh! Within 13 days I had $183. in collect calls!

The best thing that he has going for himself down there right now is that he has spent alot of time working out in preparation for boot camp.

Hoping to see him again some time later this month if I can. It will be so much easier to visit when he gets to Moose Lake - that's only about 1 1/2 hour drive for me instaed of 3 1/2 hours.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:44 PM

He did get to take his belongings to be stored at Washington County. Not too sure how any of the food will keep - he had just bought a bunch of food in St Cloud and then got transferred. At least he was told that they threw out his loaf of bread! Can't imagine how moldy and gross that would be after sitting a few months.