Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH DAKOTA > North Dakota News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

North Dakota News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the North Dakota prison system.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Banned

Default Article: Cass County prosecutor worried about early release of prisoners

Posted on Tue, Dec. 20, 2005
Cass County prosecutor worried about early release of prisoners
Associated Press

FARGO, N.D. - The Cass County prosecutor says he does not want to see inmates back on the streets too soon, as part of a plan to free up prison space.

State's Attorney Birch Burdick said he worries about a state Corrections Department plan to release some inmates early. Corrections Director Leann Bertsch said only low-risk inmates sentenced to six months or less would be eligible.

Read the whole article here:
http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/13451869.htm
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Responseto Mr. Birches purposal

I think that every release, should beconcider on merit and thebehavior of the the inmate. Some inmates can and will continue to be a harm to the public, while other did their crimes as a huge cry for help. theystill do not get the help,they require while in prisonandifrealesedwill continue the behaviors untill itis bad enough for someone to say, I whish I had just seen it sooner. This states atorney( note the small lettersforhis title) has a unique way of expressing his absolutedistaone for our judicial sytem that has work for ND, For so many years. I would like to see him cut his sallary down hire some truely qaulified treatmeant personel to infact touch our loved onesandstart right right way on helping them fid out out Why! why they feel the need to comitthese crimesmake sure those issues areadress in the real worldandin not in Birches Office were it will sit and not go any further because he has no heart to take into concideration that some people mat have wnatthey did to feed theri family or to buy a bag of diapers. or simply to get out of a bad relationship. Idid that I scuffed up my husband girlfiends paint job on her car and toted my last ass whipping from him. But i was theonly way I could get out. he would stallk me andthe cops did nothing. He would break in my home rape me and bt the time Icould call the cops andbecause he said right it wasconsentual nothing ever happen ssso to getway I had do something bad to get some to see that it was a crazy situation. eveb with my children say thing like daddy dragsmommy upstaairs by the hair nothing.

he is just agood oleboy that can take what the can get married not marrired maleor female he aint Picky.
SusesSD

Even when you are silly you might know something.

being dingy dosen't mean you you do't have a mean ass boyfriend to back you up!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:10 PM

Question Early Release

I have just read this article on early release in North Dakota Prisons however it is 5 yrs old can any tell me how to get current information on the North Dakota Prison system.