Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region I Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region I Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities: Apalachee-E CI, Apalachee-W CI, Bay CF, Blackwater River CF, Calhoun CI, Century CI, Franklin CI, Gadsden CF, Graceville CF, Gulf CI, Gulf CI-Annex , Holmes CI, Jackson CI, Jefferson CI, Liberty CI, NWFRC, NWFRC Annex, Okaloosa CI, Quincy Annex, Santa Rosa CI, Santa Rosa Annex, Taylor CI, Taylor Annex, Wakulla CI, Wakulla CI Annex, Walton CI

Old 08-28-2009, 11:03 AM

Question Can you tell me about Northwest Florida Reception Center in Chipley, FL?

My son was just transferred to NWFRC Annex on Wednesday and I am clueless about what is happening. Can anyone give me any advice or information regarding this place. If he had a battery on a leo is he even qualified for work release? He is in for 18 months and served 3 at the Santa Rosa County jail. Any tips or suggestions for my sanity would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2009, 02:34 PM

I have lived in Chipley for about 4 months. I have no info for you about the prison, but I can tell you there are 3 nice hotels right as you come into Chipley and about every fast food place you can think off. The prices they advertize is for mon through fri, then they jack the prices up to around $80

There is a Waffle House just past the hotels on the left, that gets you good waffles for under $5. I practically lived there while I was house hunting. Nice people, State Patrol and local police go there, all nice people that will help you.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:45 PM
My baby is home !!

Thanked 1,161 Times in 998 Posts

My finace has been at NWFRC Main Unit for about 10 months, he hasn't had any problems, thank God, so it seems that as long as they behaive everything should be ok, my fiance is in for a Non-Violent crime so I'm not sure how Work Release goes for Violent Offenders, if you have any pacific questions please don't hesitate to ask, I answer what I can...

He's Home as of 7/17/2010
Old 09-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Dawn loves Michael always

My husband was transferred from the Annex (which is where your son is) yesterday. He spent a very long five weeks there. If you can set up your phone so he can call and see about putting money into his trust account. I will be happy to help you if you need it in setting that up. I made many phone calls for people while my husband was there.

My husband didn't have any real problems with the place. Other than some of the guards have obvious attitude problems. They also were not allowing them the full 20 minutes to eat and not allowing them a daily change of clothing. I have since been in contact with a Major there and the meal times have increased to the 20 minutes but my husband left before he could discover if the day by day clothing change was done. Let me know because I'm not done with trying to encourage them to do the right thing even though my husband is no longer there. I've also reported one guard for turning off the phones and TV an hour early and another one though I couldn't name him because he turns his badge around. This one would call inmates trash, belittle them and call them liars. If they wish to reduce the recidivism rate as they claim and cognitive thinking is one ways of doing this and supposedly this starts at the CO level, well they need to alter the COs cognitive thinking. But my husband said there were some decent guards there.

My husband was also in the Santa Rosa County Jail. My husband may or may not have known him. He was there from April 25-July 30th. Did he get the 90 days credit? If so he will do 15 months DOC and if he stays out of trouble should be home in about 12.

Feel free to email me privately. I'll be happy to help you and give you my telephone number.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:18 AM

My brother was just transfer 3 day ago Santa Rosa County jail.
My question what does he need to be able to call home. Can he call cell phones. Someone told me you have to have a house if anyone can help me thank you so much
Old 12-12-2010, 05:45 PM
waiting for him
Donation Award 

if you go to www dc.state.fl.us there is info on all of the florida facilities divided by region and general info about the florida prison system

ERD July 28,2011

Old 12-14-2010, 12:57 AM

thank you
Old 12-14-2010, 06:31 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,484 Times in 3,666 Posts

Yes, you will need a landline. DOC does not allow calls to cell phones (I don't think they realized it's almost 2011 yet). Check out the FL phones forum for info about setting up an account.

And Welcome to PTO!

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare