Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation & Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Federal Probation & Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:04 PM

Default Halfway House after prison

My SO has been sentenced to 18 months and was told by his lawyer that he would probably be ilegable for a half way house after 11-12 months. Can someone explain the process and how this works, please?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2009, 01:28 PM
He's home!

Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,082 Posts

I only know what my guy has told me about the process. He had to fill out some sort of papers and turn them into his counselor. The counselor then sends them to the powers that be in the prison he is at. Then, they are sent to the regional office where his halfway house will be. They then have to decide if they will take him and if there is room for him where the wants to go.

If done right, the process takes about a month. If not, as in my guy's case, who knows?!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sug's boo View Post
My SO has been sentenced to 18 months and was told by his lawyer that he would probably be ilegable for a half way house after 11-12 months. Can someone explain the process and how this works, please?
My daughters pretrial services parole officer said that they automatically send you to a halfway house, if you are good inside, when you have 6 months of your sentence left. It is still lock up, but they let them out during certain hours to look for a job and a place to live...She is in FCI Dublin.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:30 PM

it all depends on certain factors, but believe me hhs arnt as great as they sound, alot of rules, you have to get a job and pay them a % of the money you make and they can violate you real easy. i was offered a 4 month hh and opted for 1 month. i liked the fpc i was in better than the hh. just my opinion