Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:53 AM
He's My SoulMate

Default Marriage Questions/Info/Procedure @ Wasco - Post Here

I want to marry my fiance as soon as possible...and he just got to wasco i wanted to know if anyone has gotten married in prison(wasco) or has any information on getting married i wasco..will they let it happen kuz it is a reception center and it is aloud...how long is the process?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2006, 07:03 PM

Hey im marrying my fiancee in prison too. but he has been writing me letters saying i can marry him in recepetion too. (hes been at Wasco for about a month) but he says its behind glass..i think youd need to get a marriage liscence first and call a priest to come outh there with you to marry you. Thats what he told me,( hes trying to talk me in to marrying him rite away) but if you wait until he hits the mainline..its a contact marriage and you can hold hands and everything..that might be a little more speacial.Thats what i decided onI CANT wait but I would call the prison i have the number if you need it( just let me know) and ask to speak to the chaplain...hopefully they have one there. hes an onsite priest thats in charge of all the prison marriages..so thats basically all i know..but ask the chaplain.hes set it up n help you out fer sure good luck..hope that helps.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:07 AM
He's My SoulMate

thanks so much..i really appriciate it...
Old 01-27-2006, 12:55 AM
Scotts' Angel

Let me just share a bit of info. with you about Wasco.... THEY ARE OUT OF CONTROL!! ONE OF THE CO'S THAT WORKS THE VISITING DESK NEEDS TO BE FIRED!! SHE'S SO RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL!! SHE CHANGES HER MIND AND THE RULES LIKE I CHANGE PANTIES..... NON-STOP! SHE MADE ME CHANGE MY CLOTHES 4 TIMES AND TOLD ME I COULDN'T TAKE ANY KEYS IN AT ALL!! I ENDED UP LOCKING THE ONLY KEY I HAD IN MY CAR BECAUSE SHE HAD ME SO FRAZZELED AND IT COST $40 FOR A TOW TRUCK TO COME OUT. BY THE TIME I WAS DONE, 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, 5 CLOTHING CHANGES,5 HOURS OF DRIVING, $90 IN GAS, AND A MIGRAINE HEADACHE LATER, I NEVER GOT TO SEE MY HUSBAND!!! SHE TOLD ME THAT IT WAS TOO LATE TO PROCESS ME IN BECAUSE PROCESSING CLOSES IN 20 MINUTES!! HELLLOOOOO I STILL HAD 20 MINUTES TO GET IN AND 1 HOUR OF VISITING LEFT! NEEDLESS TO SAY, I CRIED THE ENTIRE WAY HOME! I HAD MY CALLS FORWARDED TO MY CELL PHONE AND WHEN MY HUSBAND CALLED, I WAS IN THE PARKING LOT IN DENIAL IN TEARS.... LOL
WHAT A MESS... JUST MAKE SURE YOU TAKE PLENTY OF CLOTHES TO CHANGE INTO. DON'T GO BY WHAT THE POLICY HANDBOOK SAYS, IT JUST DEPENDS ON THEIR MOODS!!!
GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS.!
I ONLY HAVE 20 DAYS UNTIL MY BABY COMES HOME, BUT IT'S BEEN A VERY LONG TRYING YEAR! HE SERVED HIS TERM AT WASCO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLuVwItHAdRiAn
I want to marry my fiance as soon as possible...and he just got to wasco i wanted to know if anyone has gotten married in prison(wasco) or has any information on getting married i wasco..will they let it happen kuz it is a reception center and it is aloud...how long is the process?
Old 01-27-2006, 11:11 AM
He's My SoulMate

i know how it is i visited my brother in law in wasco and they are so rude...i've never been asked to change though maybe its a different lady i dont know...but i live very close i live in delano and my gramma actually lives in wasco so i dont think it will be as hard for me as it was for you i'm very sorry...but happy to hear ur husband is coming home soon...my fiance got 8 years with half time he's already served 6 months so he has 3 1/2 left...i still got a long way to go...but imma be strong....i have to for my son and of course for my fiance too if i feel apart his time would be so much harder to serve...well thanks for letting me know how it is....
Old 01-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Jenn

I don't think the CO's at Wasco are so bad. They are always friendly when I am there. If you argue or act ticked off that they ask you to change then they seem to give you a harder time. Kevin has been there for over six months, they unfortunatley know me by name.

As for the marriage I asked today for you guys and they said that you can get married in reception but!!!!!! It usually takes so long to get the paperwork through that you might as well wait until they are mainlined. They didn't seem to thrilled to have to deal with it so maybe it is better to wait. Just thought I would pass along the info.
Jenn
Old 01-30-2006, 07:51 PM
He's My SoulMate

if we get the process started when he's in reception then he gets moved to mainline...will we have to start all over?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:29 AM

Default I would like to get married to my fiance in Wasco

Hi I'm Zai and you had respond to another member inregards to marriage at Wasco and We are in love he hasn't made it their yet but we would like to get the ball rolling and could you please give me some information to get the ball rolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS_Leon_0169 View Post
Hey im marrying my fiancee in prison too. but he has been writing me letters saying i can marry him in recepetion too. (hes been at Wasco for about a month) but he says its behind glass..i think youd need to get a marriage liscence first and call a priest to come outh there with you to marry you. Thats what he told me,( hes trying to talk me in to marrying him rite away) but if you wait until he hits the mainline..its a contact marriage and you can hold hands and everything..that might be a little more speacial.Thats what i decided onI CANT wait but I would call the prison i have the number if you need it( just let me know) and ask to speak to the chaplain...hopefully they have one there. hes an onsite priest thats in charge of all the prison marriages..so thats basically all i know..but ask the chaplain.hes set it up n help you out fer sure good luck..hope that helps.