Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region III Facilities > Region III Work Camps, Forestry Camps and Road Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Region III Work Camps, Forestry Camps and Road Prisons Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Arcadia Road Prison, Avon Park WC, Big Pine Key Road Prison, Brevard WC, DeSoto WC, Ft. Myers WC, Glades WC, Hardee WC, Largo Road Prison, Loxahatchee Road Prison, Martin WC, Martin Unit TC, Polk WC, Sumter Basic Training Unit, Sumter WC

Old 04-26-2008, 04:55 PM
You're the only man 4 me

Default Desoto Work Camp Q&A

Does anyone have any information about this facility? Abimael was just transfered there and I don't know anything about this facility? Are the hotels in this area ok? Are there any that I should avoid?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2008, 06:10 AM

i know south florida really well. not sure where that work camp is..if u tell me where it is i can tell u about the area and what to avoid, and hotel info too. = )

Old 05-02-2008, 01:56 PM
You're the only man 4 me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezz056 View Post
i know south florida really well. not sure where that work camp is..if u tell me where it is i can tell u about the area and what to avoid, and hotel info too. = )

It's in or near Arcadia FL.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Loving Him!

Cool I posted some info about De Soto here somewhere...

My guy is in De Soto, I've been staying at the De Soto motel just off Hwy 17, it costs $55.00 per night - $10.00 extra to check in before 11am. The rooms are ok, and it's quiet. When we left this time, we went through Lake Placid and seen a motel by a lake, with a swimming pool - it looks classier and I think it said $65 per night. Visit check in begins at 8:30am and the latest you can check in is at 2pm. Visit ends at 3pm... they start calling out "you have 1 hour left, you have 45 minutes left, you have 30 minutes left, you have 15 minutes left, you have 10 minutes left, you have 5 minutes left, WRAP IT UP!!! I told M "you have one minute left" lol (phone system). You can take in I hear up to $50 in one dollar bills, I put money in his account so I don't have to worry about it... an unwrapped deck of cards, but they already have cards there, one see through lighter, one unopened pack of cigarettes, one vehicle car key and your drivers license, put it in a see through zip baggie. You line up, go through the gate one at a time unless you have more in your party, if so 4 at a time - give his DC#, your drivers license is exchanged for a tag, you'll get your license back when you leave, then you walk through a metal detector, get patted down, go through the other gate into the park, go into the lounge and tell the C.O's who you are there to see, then you wait...
Hope this helps.
Peace
Jin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mz Jin For This Useful Post:
TiffanyFL (06-19-2008)
Old 05-29-2008, 10:57 PM

Default carpooling to Desoto annex?

Anyone know of someone going to Desoto Annex from Miami? Would love to go and visit boyfriend, but gas prices are so high and the trip so long. Any help, I would love, thanks.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Loving Him!

Cool Just an update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz Jin View Post
My guy is in De Soto, I've been staying at the De Soto motel just off Hwy 17, it costs $55.00 per night - $10.00 extra to check in before 11am. The rooms are ok, and it's quiet (as long as you get the rooms in "front".) When we left this time, we went through Lake Placid and seen a motel by a lake, with a swimming pool - it looks classier and I think it said $65 per night (It was actually $69.00 M-T, and 125.00 per night on the weekends) Visit check in begins at 8:30am and the latest you can check in is at 2pm. Visit ends at 3pm... they start calling out "you have 1 hour left, you have 45 minutes left, you have 30 minutes left, you have 15 minutes left, you have 10 minutes left, you have 5 minutes left, WRAP IT UP!!! I told M "you have one minute left" lol (phone system). You can take in I hear up to $50 in one dollar bills, I put money in his account (through JPay dot com lol) so I don't have to worry about it... an unwrapped deck of cards, but they already have cards there, one see through lighter, one unopened pack of cigarettes, one vehicle car key and your drivers license, put it in a see through zip baggie. You line up, go through the gate one at a time unless you have more in your party, if so 4 at a time - give his DC#, your drivers license is exchanged for a tag, you'll get your license back when you leave, then you walk through a metal detector, get patted down, go through the other gate into the park, go into the lounge and tell the C.O's who you are there to see, then you wait...
Hope this helps.
Peace
Jin.
Another update

Last edited by Mz Jin; 06-22-2008 at 03:04 PM..
Old 02-15-2009, 08:18 PM
cant wait until....2013

Exclamation Address for Desoto Work Camp?

what is the adress for desoto work camp
Old 02-27-2009, 05:03 AM

desoto work camp address 13617 se hwy 70 arcadia fl 34266
The Following User Says Thank You to iwant_himback2 For This Useful Post:
mrs.hanchell (03-08-2009)
Old 03-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Loving Him!

Default By heart lol

I didn't see the first reply and I can only edit this, there is no delete lol.
peace out

Last edited by Mz Jin; 03-12-2010 at 10:19 PM..
Old 12-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Axi

Hi, can someone tell me if I need to get there (desoto workcamp) before 7:30 anda line up in order to get a number? or this is not needed as it is a smaller facility?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Axi

Hi, can someone tell me if I need to get there (desoto workcamp) before 7:30 and line up in order to get a number? or this is not needed as it is a smaller facility?