Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Wisconsin prisons.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Mother of Prisoner

Default Winnebago Correctional Institution

Does anyone have info on Winnebago Correctional Int. ? My son is at cvctf and he just called and said he was unofficially told he will be leaving tomorrow to go to Winnebago. I guess he has to go to Dodge for one night first before they take him for some reason. He said it is not like a prison that it is a work release place but I can not find anything about it on line except the address and warden name and things like that. I'm hoping that even tho he will just get there on Friday that I will be able to take his daughter to see him on Saturday. I have not been able to get her there since the beginning of Dec and she wants to see he daddy so bad. It will be over a 2 hour less drive for me and so it will be great !!!!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 08:08 PM

Sorry treesa, I do not know anything about Winnebago, but I am sure someone that does will come along real soon, good luck, and nice to meet you.....
Old 02-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Mother of Prisoner

HI,
Nice to meet you too......... Hopefully someone can tell me something, I can't believe I can't find much about it on line. To Tell you the truth I didn't even know there was a place called Winnebago Correctional, I just assumed it was Oshkosh he was going to when he got done with his classes but I was wrong. I was really curious about the visiting.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:42 PM

All prisons, no matter how nice, are still prisons and Winnebago is no exception. The separation from family and friends and the limitations of imprisonment will still be with him. However, Winnebago is very easy time. It is a very nice facility right on beautiful Lake Winnebago. They use to have an ice fishing shanty out on the lake for inmates to use, and they have outings like trips into town to see a movies, shopping, and going out applying for jobs, though that might be somewhat frustrating, given today's economic realties. The whole attitude of the keepers are different also. Winnebago is just one step from freedom and it will almost feel like he is. Google earth shows a great 3D view of this facility. It is very nice--almost the proverbial "country club." A visit from his daughter will pure heaven for him. Best of luck.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Mother of Prisoner

Thanks Ken Zee, He is just looking at it as he is almost done with his time and is very happy to be going there.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:08 AM
Mother of Prisoner

Well he is there now and I'm going to see him today, I haven't told his daughter yet that we are going to see her Daddy so she will be so happy to be going. The only thing my son did say was..........."it's different here" I don't think he likes the open bathrooms and showers. I know I wouldn't !!!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:41 PM

I hope that your son has a ok time there. My boyfriend is at WCC. I hope you had a geat time visiting your son. Prision life is not great but I feel WCC has a great facility. I enjoy visiting my boyfriend there. I feel the guards are friendly and all. Is your son still there? Are you able to visit him alot? I try to go every weekend to see my boyfriend.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:38 AM
Mother of Prisoner

starlynnb~ yes my son is still there he gets out on April 7th. I have been taking my grandaughter to see him everyother weekend and this is the weekend I'm going. I will be there at the start of visiting today. How long has your boyfreind been there? He's has been there since Feb 6th I think. I went that Saturday of the big snow storm 2 weeks ago and I was surprised to see how many others were there too !!!