Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Beaumont Federal Correctional Complex Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Federal Prisons in Beaumont, Texas. Including FPC Beaumont, FCI Beaumont - Low, FCI Beaumont - Medium, and USP Beaumont.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:20 PM

Angry FCI Beaumont Medium - more gang violence

FCI- BEAUMONT (MEDIUM), OCTOBER 22, 2008

Ten staff were injured in a gang related disturbance which occurred on the recreation yard. While responding staff were securing the recreation yard a large group of gang specific inmates (most of the same inmates involved in the assault) attacked 5 staff members after one inmate refused to obey orders to get on the ground. Its estimated that approximately 25 gang related inmates were involved in the assualt on staff. Injuries to the staff ranged from a concussion to cracked ribs to cuts.

My brother was finally able to call home yesterday and said the prison has been on lockdown, but they let some units out for 2 hours yesterday. He heard that 80 gang members (don't know which gang it was, as there are many different gangs there) were all removed from their cells and that recent transfers from Englewood to the old USP Beaumont would probably be filling up those empty cells now. This prison is one of the worst he has ever done his time at and with all of the cutbacks there is very little decent food served, hardly any classes available, and the mentality is more of a USP than an FCI, as the gangs continue to try and rule the yard by letting the newbies know they are in charge and will determine if you get to stay or have to check yourself in and they demand that you produce your PSI report within 30 days for them to verify it. It sucks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2008, 11:18 PM

My husband was in the medium there when he first started his bid in 2002, and was there until the beginning of 2005. Even back then, it was called Bloody Beaumont, and there was a very large riot/fight while he was there in 2004. That is the closest prison to where I am, but I have to say that I am very glad that he is not there anymore. Although, we do still know a few guys that are. Most of the guys that were there when he was were transferred because of Hurricane Rita, but some of them have gone back. I do know that it has never been a good place to be! Good luck to you, and yours!
Old 11-26-2008, 05:10 AM

Default Missing my husband

my husband just got transfered back to Beaumont, I am having a hard time getting his register number. I spoke to him yesterday, and the call was cut off before he gave me the number. This is the only facility which does not give you any information for inmate staus on the inmate locater.

I quess I will have to wait and see if he calls again, I wanted to send him some money, and a card for the holidays, can't do that without his register number. I just tried to used the email address, I saw posted on this forum, but the email addrees is now invalid.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:45 AM
Resident Smart Ass

they were on lockdown at the camp too - I'm assuming this is why...i don't understand why they punish inmates that aren't even at that camp.

C - if you go to bop.gov and click on inmate locater, you can put in his first and last name, and it will give you his inmate number along with expected release date. It should be the same as wherever he transfered from though.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:17 AM

My brother just called real fast this morning to say they were going on lockdown because another incident out in the yard and he doesn't know for how long but could be two weeks. Alot of tension there right now, which he says could be because of the holidays. May all of yours be safe.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Resident Smart Ass

GRRRRRR

It really bothers me that the camp is on lockdown cause of the medium and they are going on lockdown again
Old 11-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Resident Smart Ass

Im on hold now to see if Lockdown is going to cut off visits for Turkey day
Old 11-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddslady View Post
My husband was in the medium there when he first started his bid in 2002, and was there until the beginning of 2005. Even back then, it was called Bloody Beaumont, and there was a very large riot/fight while he was there in 2004.
I was in the Low back in 2000-2002. Problems were going strong in the medium then. When guys got transferred from the Med to the Low they thought they were in a different world. Afterall, we still had aluminum softball bats on our rec yard.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:52 PM

Question Kicked out of PC!

My son is in beaumont. He was transfered in there from Englewood,Co. He went to Colorado from Leavenworth. In all the places he has been he has been in PC because he is being treatened by gang members. When he arrived at Beaumont he went directly to PC. This has stemmed from a debt that went from small aount to adding a tax of $100. dollars a day. Out here in the world we would say that they are trying to extort money from him. On November 5 he lost good time because he refused to go out in the yard. He was given 30 days in the hole. December 5 they ordered him back out on the yard, this time he went out. He was approached by gang members who told him he was not to be on the yard or he is dead. He went back into PC but was told he could not stay. I called the district office to see if they would help. Their response was if he refuses to go out, he gets a shot and loses good time. I asked them if he is hurt or killed their then what. I was told that would be his fault not theirs. Basically they refused to keep him safe. He has been moved around a lot, and he tells me this is the worst place on earth. The staff treats them pretty bad, and they don't seem to care what happens to them. Any ideas or suggestions?
thanks
Liz
Old 01-02-2009, 01:20 AM
PTO Admin - SysOp
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,829 Times in 932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizp View Post
My son is in beaumont. He was transfered in there from Englewood,Co. He went to Colorado from Leavenworth. In all the places he has been he has been in PC because he is being treatened by gang members. When he arrived at Beaumont he went directly to PC. This has stemmed from a debt that went from small aount to adding a tax of $100. dollars a day. Out here in the world we would say that they are trying to extort money from him. On November 5 he lost good time because he refused to go out in the yard. He was given 30 days in the hole. December 5 they ordered him back out on the yard, this time he went out. He was approached by gang members who told him he was not to be on the yard or he is dead. He went back into PC but was told he could not stay. I called the district office to see if they would help. Their response was if he refuses to go out, he gets a shot and loses good time. I asked them if he is hurt or killed their then what. I was told that would be his fault not theirs. Basically they refused to keep him safe. He has been moved around a lot, and he tells me this is the worst place on earth. The staff treats them pretty bad, and they don't seem to care what happens to them. Any ideas or suggestions?
thanks
Liz
Hi Liz,

Unless a lot has changed since I did time in the feds (Beaumont FCI - Medium), that does not sound like standard BOP procedure. I'm not saying they care personally for anyone in most cases, but if he has been in PC for a valid reason, they rarely are going to kick him back into general population (for liability sake if nothing else), much less "penalize" him for refusing. He may have to debrief, but he probably did that to begin with when he entered PC.

I would call his counselor (and on up to the warden if need be) to discuss this further if there is concern for his safety. Be vigilant and don't stop until you reach the person who can assure you of your son's safety.

Regards,
David

Are you having account or other issues at PTO? If so, use the...

The Following User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
DecafCoffee (01-17-2009)
Old 01-03-2009, 11:01 AM

FedX, what would we do with out you? You can help us out so much.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:34 PM

Actually, we're finding that what dizp said is right about what is going 0on at Beaumont these days. I'm really worried about my man as well- he was transferred to Beaumont and is having the same issues.

DecafCoffee
Old 02-24-2009, 06:30 AM

Is this happening @ beaumont low as well?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:55 PM
spiritnsoul

Unhappy What is meant by PC?

Hello,
I have read your post and am confused. What is meant by PC? is that a safe place for inmates with fears of attack?
I have similar concerns as you , am a mother of an inmate and worried. If an inmate is threatened by gang members and cannot defend himself , what is he to do? how can he approach authorities for help other than find a way to get into the SHU? Can one turn oneself in to the SHU voluntarily? or does there have to be an 'incident'that makes them put you in pending investigations?
Please answer, I am very distressed
================================================== ====

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizp View Post
thanks
Liz
Old 10-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,437 Times in 800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritnsoul View Post
Hello,
I have read your post and am confused. What is meant by PC? is that a safe place for inmates with fears of attack?
I have similar concerns as you , am a mother of an inmate and worried. If an inmate is threatened by gang members and cannot defend himself , what is he to do? how can he approach authorities for help other than find a way to get into the SHU? Can one turn oneself in to the SHU voluntarily? or does there have to be an 'incident'that makes them put you in pending investigations?
Please answer, I am very distressed
================================================== ====
PC is 'Protective Custody' and yes, he can check himself in to protective custody. If he tells a staff member he fears for his life they will put him in administrative segregation which is the same as PC. He will be in a more restricted environment with less privileges (usually in cell 23 hours/day) but he will be safe. They will also investigate the reasons behind him being threatened and probably start the process to transfer him to another facility.

I hope that helps....if your son goes into protective custody HE WILL BE SAFE. Please try and not worry, you can always call the prison, speak to his counselor, ask for a captain or lieutenant or even the deputy warden or warden. Tell them that your son is in fear for his life and is in imminent danger and if he's not already in PC they will put him in there. If you have the resources and are able to contact his attorney perhaps his attorney can do that as they will be concerned about any liability resulting from harm that comes to your son, after formal complaints and concerns are lodged. Also document the time and person you spoke with. Good luck and God bless you and your family. I hope your son remains safe.