Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

South Carolina Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in South Carolina should be posted here.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Mother of YOA

Default YOA Parole Violation

Hi - does anyone know how the YOIP program works. My son just went back to Kirkland, he violated his parole. All I was told was that he was revoked in full. Does this mean he has to do the program again (9 months if he does it right) or does he have to max out his sentence (YOAs are indeterminate uo to 6 years). Any information would be a great help.

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Missin my babes!!!!

From my understanding I believe he has to do another 10 months (that is if he doesn't get any setbacks) and then he will get out. But he will have to go threw everything he went threw before. Good luck with everything

Come on January!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 05:00 PM

I thought it was until there max out date??? i am not sure though i could find out for definite on Friday...and if u dont mind me asking, how did he violate parole...my hubby is on the same program i want to make SURE he doesnt do ANYTHING to violate it !!!
Old 10-17-2008, 02:53 PM

im currently in the YOA. i went in june 22 06. did my 10 months with no set backs. it really is a challenge in there. i saw guys get a 2 week setback because their shirt was untucked. its crazy. ive been home almost a year and a half and had my life straight until i got pulled 2 nights ago with beer in my car and charged with possession and reckless driving. ill be 21 in 3 months and im petrified. i do not want to go back but dont know how strict they are about sending people. Revocation is your original 10 months. i've had a few buddies go back and have recieved letters. at one point in time i was told if the parole officer wanted too then he could send me back for a speeding ticket... i hope that helped all of your questions. and i hope someone can help me out with mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Ray For This Useful Post:
destiny1987 (10-17-2008)
Old 10-17-2008, 05:44 PM

Default Also

if anyone wants to pm me with questions or just to talk feel free to do so.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Ray For This Useful Post:
destiny1987 (10-17-2008)
Old 10-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Missin my babes!!!!

Thanks for the helpful post...My boyfriend said that you can get in trouble and written up for the stupidest things like sleeping when your not supposed to. Anyways I hope everything works out for the best for you...Good luck with everything I will keep you in my prayers

Come on January!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 01:12 AM

Default thank you

i accept your prayers and donate my own to all your wishes. i hope the best for your family and will definately let you know any further info i find out about my situation so that you can let your loved ones know.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Love never fails!!

ok, I'm new to the South Carolina Forum, I usually spend most of my time in the Georgia Forum. Right now my fiance who is 34, is incarcerated in Georgia but has a parole violation under the YOA in South Carolina. He is serving 3 years in Georgia and is on his last year of that sentence. South Carolina has had a hold on him the WHOLE time he has been down. I guess my question is this, how likely is it that South Carolina is going to go ahead and give him time served? Or do you think they will make him come BACK to south carolina and serve 10 months? He is 34 and STILL caught up in a dumb charge from when he was 19. Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickers32 View Post
Hi - does anyone know how the YOIP program works. My son just went back to Kirkland, he violated his parole. All I was told was that he was revoked in full. Does this mean he has to do the program again (9 months if he does it right) or does he have to max out his sentence (YOAs are indeterminate uo to 6 years). Any information would be a great help.

Sharon

What did he do to Violate his parole, and was he sent back immediatly after his first violation or had he been given another chance. I ask b/c i am a female yoa. and i recently was charged with larceny less than a 1000. it was 40.00 and i go see my PO on wed. I haven't missed a visit and i pay on time
Old 12-06-2009, 03:05 PM

whats your sons name? ive got a hubby who just went back.