Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TX State Jails, Private Prisons, Treatment & Parole Facilities Forums > Texas State Jails - OLD
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas State Jails - OLD Forums Used prior to having dedicated State Jail Forums. Will be closing soon. Do not post new threads in here please.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Question re early release form b1067- Texas State Jail

anyone know about a form b1067? texas state jail .. early release ..???

son, i visited today told me to print out this form and send in... cant find it anywhere on internet....

thanks so much
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2007, 11:20 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,159 Times in 2,583 Posts

Hello, unfortunately this rumor about shortening State Jail sentences seems to be just that --- a rumor that is going around a lot of the jails right now. There have been several people ask about this but state jail is done day for day. If you happen to find something on it please share it with us but so far no one has been able to verify that there is any truth to it. I hope this information helps you and that your son is home soon. God Bless! Katy

Help Desk

Super Moderator: Texas, Capital Punishment, Hurricanes, Visitation, Prison Evacuations, Parents With Children In Prison
Old 04-18-2007, 09:11 PM

Default state jail shortened

Quote:
Originally Posted by katybee57
Hello, unfortunately this rumor about shortening State Jail sentences seems to be just that --- a rumor that is going around a lot of the jails right now. There have been several people ask about this but state jail is done day for day. If you happen to find something on it please share it with us but so far no one has been able to verify that there is any truth to it. I hope this information helps you and that your son is home soon. God Bless! Katy
know for sure.. a person got out in 8 months on a years sentence at state jail in houston , due to overcrowd......
Old 04-18-2007, 09:52 PM

Thanked 4,941 Times in 2,964 Posts

I guarantee that there was more to it than that. There is no legal remedy available to an offender or to the State of Texas to release an offender before their sentence is done in a State Jail - for overcrowding or otherwise. There is only one way and that is for the judge that sentenced them in the first place to decide to change their sentence and that has to be within 180 days of sentencing. This can happen if you go back to that judge and convince him to make that change before the 180 days is up. Good luck. No one in jail will admit to ratting out someone else to get their own sentence reduced.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:03 AM

Could this be for offenders in TDCJ or does the rumor apply to only State Jail?
Old 04-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Loving Life Now!!

Cheryl, the rumors go around quite frequently, but that's all they are..rumors. I know it's hard to hear, because it makes you want to go find SOMETHING to get them out sooner, but it unfortunatly doesn't work that way.

Nance
Old 04-19-2007, 10:23 AM

Brandonsgirl, I posted an article yesterday that may confirm the TDCJ portion of it. Take a look at it and tell me what you think.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:28 AM

Thanked 4,941 Times in 2,964 Posts

This is a state jail rumor. I believe that even the b1067 asked about here is just mistaken variant of the 1244a or 1244b "form" misinformation which is all over Harris county. There is no form. The 12.44(a) and 12.44(b) refers to a Penal Code article that applies specifically to those charged with State Jail felonies that can get them either (a) punished as a midemeanor offense which means county time or (b) prosecuted as a misdemeanor offense. All subject to the discretion of the DA and/or judge and is based upon their consideration (as I understand it) of the charges and the person being charged and their background.

Or, this could be something completely new.

I'm afraid that the Sunset Commission recommendations won't affect those convicted on state jail felonies.

Last edited by RobinsMan; 04-19-2007 at 10:32 AM..
Old 03-21-2008, 11:21 AM

Default 12.44a

I'm confussed??? If there is no "form" for the 12.44a, how does one go about trying to get the felony reduced using that penal code?
Old 03-21-2008, 03:15 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,159 Times in 2,583 Posts

royone, if you read the above post by Robin'sMan it says there is no such form. Rumors are thick at the State Jails and TDC Units about early release but sadly they are just rumors. You might ask a lawyer in your area if there is anything new that might help you. Good Luck!

Help Desk

Super Moderator: Texas, Capital Punishment, Hurricanes, Visitation, Prison Evacuations, Parents With Children In Prison
Old 07-15-2008, 01:57 AM
sandrapiazza

I asked Jeds lawer about this, he talked to the judge he said that there is no easy way out day for day
Old 09-09-2008, 11:50 PM

actually i talked to judge hights and he told me that it does not have to be done at sentencing it just has to be done within the 180 days hownd your lawyer and call the judge i wrote the governor and he to is helping me because there are a few options that few can take but it takes a lot of phone calls patience and hard work to find the loop holes but there are loop holes just start with a letter to the governor write him a le tter and he will send it to the right people then also go to dept of criminal justice look up the pardons it will give you a number to call for early release shock probabtion to give you an idea of who qaulifies (sorry if i spelt this wrong) like i said its a lot of work its possible but it also may not happen for you but it sure the hell is worth a try cause i am sure we all want our men home weather it be husband or son etc just keep digging but i will be posting a number for you to call in the next hour i will look it up again

Old 10-15-2008, 01:39 AM

how do i know if he is doing state jail or if he is a state jail offender??
Old 10-15-2008, 06:06 AM
Texas Member
Donation Award 

Where is he?

Kay