Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Alabama Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Alabama should be posted here.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:55 PM
His wife 4 life

Default Need parole board's phone number

Hello i'm new here and to this whole prison thing. my boyfriend wants me to call the parole board and see if i can get his parloe date, he is in kilby montgomery al, they have not giving him a date yet, but i was wondering if any one knows it.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:17 PM
vamom

The number is in the Alabama Paroles top section above this one, but he probably won't hear for up to a year or two.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,504 Times in 1,243 Posts

Yeah... most of the time they don't get their first hearing until they have been in the system three to five years. With him having only around a five year sentence (think that's what I saw in your signature), he might come up around the two year mark, but I would just hope for the best and expect the worst, as they say, in his case.

A lot of times if they have short sentences they might not come up for parole at all. Sometimes when the system has been severely overcrowded in the last several years, they have hustled those with short sentences to parole hearings faster.

The Board is also frequently more than just a little behind (my guy's last hearing was 18 months later than it was originally supposed to have been), but then sometimes they get caught up. So it's all dependent on a lot of different factors.

You can certainly call the automated line in the sticky thread at the top of this forum for the Board contact info, but with him being new to the system it will probably just say the info isn't available, and will probably stay that way a while until the hearing actually gets scheduled if it does... and that won't usually be 'til a few months before it's scheduled.

I'm sorry, I know this is all not what you had hoped to hear.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:20 PM
You & I, Till the end!!!
Donation Award 

email the parole board.
sandra.cochran@alabpp.gov

that's the best advise i can give you. from what i hear, the more you write, the sooner they get to you.

my fiance has been in the system for a little over a year now and at about the 9 month mark, they pulled his file.
it still hasn't been processed yet but they are working on it.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:12 PM
His wife 4 life

so i don't know what to write to the board or i would do it. or does he have to? and if i do i don't what to say to them. i want to do what every it takes to get him home. soon. can you tell me any thing about that?