Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Banned

Removal is the new term for deportation.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2008, 06:31 PM
One step at a time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawg
Removal is the new term for deportation.
i'm sorry, let me rephrase that.

What is the course of action during removal/deportation proceedings?

the go into INS custody, and then what? are they put on a bus and shipped asap? do they have the option of going before an immigration judge?
Old 01-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Banned

I wrote about this at length on this site. Try a search.

Also
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=256056
Old 01-04-2008, 07:00 PM
One step at a time.....

wow.... i did a search. damn, it seems like this journey will never end!
thank you for your help!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:03 PM
patiently waiting for J

I have a question My boyfriend is at san quentin and he has a imagration hold so as soon as he finishes his time he is going to get deported... I know this sounds bad but he is currently married to a citizen and has 2 kids with her(his been trying to get divorced but she dont want to) is it possible for us to get ride of the imagration hold??? plz help with any answer!! I dont want the "wife" to help us out in any way since she was the one that put him in jail...
Old 01-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Banned

This question has nothing to do with 212(c) and should be please posted elsewhere.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:23 PM

Help!
My Husband might get deported. He will probably get paroled Nov 08. My husband is from Mexico he came into the U.S when He was 2yrs old in 1965, His Mother is A U.S citizen HE was charged with manslaughter 2nd degree murder. Is there a possible chance He may be eligible for 212(c)? He commited his crime in 1993. What are his chances?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Banned

The date of CONVICTION must be prior to 1997 to be considered for 212(c). The sentence must be under 5 years to not be considered an AF under the old rules. 212(c) was for primarily non-AF offenses. Also, in general 212(c) will not work for more serious offenses like murder.

Last edited by MDawg; 01-10-2008 at 02:26 PM..
Old 01-15-2008, 08:14 PM
pezzy's wife

Can any one tell me who I contact to find out if my husband is a candiate that could file for the 212 relief?

Pezzy's wife
Old 01-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Banned

Find a good local immigration attorney. You can't handle 212(c) on your own anyway.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:56 PM

Dont trust paralegal4u! He took over $2,000.00 from me and did nothing, he promised to vacate my conviction and then file for 212c.
I had to hire another lawyer and paid a lot of money for it, I finally got my 212C and I live in peace not thanks to Bill, all he did was ask for more and more money, I even paid for his cell phone bills and did nothing!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:14 PM

my husband is in tdcj at the moment serving a two year sentence at the moment he does not have a hold does that mean he could come home instead of being deported
Old 07-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Banned

In response to the inquiry about if no detainer could mean no INS or deportation problem, I can't really provide a valid response not knowing more about the individual incarcerated and especially what formed the basis of the conviction.
Thanks,
Paralegal4u
Old 07-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosasp View Post
Dont trust paralegal4u! He took over $2,000.00 from me and did nothing, he promised to vacate my conviction and then file for 212c.
I had to hire another lawyer and paid a lot of money for it, I finally got my 212C and I live in peace not thanks to Bill, all he did was ask for more and more money, I even paid for his cell phone bills and did nothing!
The name paralegal4u implies that he is not a licensed attorney. If so, you should contact your local bar association and have him prosecuted. Only a licensed attorney can vacate a conviction because it involves going into court.

Also, based on what you say and what others have PMed me, this paralegal4u is a parasite preying on our forum members. My advice is to avoid him at all costs, and ignore anything he has to say.

Last edited by MDawg; 07-02-2008 at 10:05 AM..
Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Banned

To MDawg
nitially before you slander someone you need to have all the facts. Fact is I never prepared any documents and signed for submitting to any court. I provide legal support services to assist the pro se that I assume you know the meaning thereof. As for immigration, paralegals are authorized to represent those who select them for said task. Get it right.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Banned

I recommend ignoring this paralegal4u. He is in the process of being investigated, and complaints are being filed against him.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Banned

Subsequent to sharing with three attorneys who I work with in conjunction with some of the services I once rendered prior to semi retirement due to decline in my health due to senior age, they have encouraged that I publically respond to the post and private messages authored by 'MDawg'. Therefore, my position and public response to MDawg is as follows:

1. As an independent paralegal, I am athorized pursuant to 5 USC 555 to assist and/or in selected agencies such as immigration to represent those who have selected and documented me as their chosen representative as furthered pursuant to the Code of Federal Regulations as matter of 'right'.

2. Since the above as well as parts of the following clearly establishes a 'liberty interest right' any infringments of said right could constitute a violation of 18 USC 241, 242, 245 and/or 371 if the latter involves others participating in such violation of civil rights.

3. I never have and never will utilize PTO to recruit or perform any assistance to its members at a fee. Notably, until intimidating post commenced by MDawg and rosasp, I have not participated into any postings whatsoever on PTO over the previous two years when section 212(c) was modified.

4. As every should know, even when the law appears to be plain and potentially applicable to a individual's situation, there is still never a guarantee that one will prevail as expected. I have received many communications from prisoners who always assert whereby had they received effective assistance of counsel they would never have been convicted. Thus when they request for me to provide legal aaistance in the form of research and other material, when not satisfied with either the speed of assistance or content of assistance, they resort back to seeking an attorney who they later complain about their assistance as well. It appears that rather than trying to assist each other on PTO, most but not all either mock or bash the assistance offered which is one of many reasons why I haven't participated on this website.

5. Although paralegals AKA legal assistants have been the backbone of attorney's advocacy and work product, fact is most attorneys highly dislike paralegals especially where as in example of MDawg position towards me I am authorized under federal law as like he/she to asswist and/or represent before selected federal agencies as like the list of such provided here. http://www.paralegals.org/displaycom...articlenbr=334

6. In view that the majority of jails and prisons don't provide inmates access to an adequate law library as mandated in Bounds v. Smith, 430 U. S. 817 which applies also to jails pursuant to Williams v. Leeke, 584 F. 2d 1336, as noted in the opinion of Bounds, supra inmates must be afforded access to paralegals. Although in Johnson v. Avery, 393 U. S. 483 established as matter of access to the courts that inmates could assist each other in the research and preparation of legal pleadings for submitting to the courts, it didn't establish the qualifications for the person rendering the assistance and even if it had aqualified inmate's assistance would only be as good as the legal tools he has available to him through the inmate law library unlike online resources available to me as well as complete law libraries in the community which are up to date, thus I have rendered assistance to the pro se litigant but never affixed my signature to an inmate's pleading or advocated to represented him. Although in certain situations, a friend, relative or someone acting as an authorized agent for an inmate tghrough a potential limited power of attorney could initiate a Writ of Habeas Corpus in any of the fifty states and the United States District Courts pursuant to 28 USC 2242.

7. Since unlike banner ads which appear on PTO who do seek to solicit clientele for a fee, I again repeat that I have not participated onto PTO to recruit any clientele with or without a fee as is evident by a long previous period of my having no posting activity on PTO until the recent attacks upon me by 'rosasp' and 'MDawg' Consequently, I don't foresee how 'MDawg' an assert having several complaints from PTO members and where even by private message no disclosure of who such alleged persons are while not revealing his/her true name, address etc.

8. In the course of assisting 'rosasp' he commenced serious intimidation against my family and I if my assistance to him would not prevail. It is my belief that the attacks upon me by 'MDawg' is result of ;rosasp providing incorrect and omitted facts in order to acquire assistance from others in aid to intimidate through the use of telecommunications some of which was monitored by others as conditioned to his telecommunications with me. I guess that despite extensive time and expense I incurred in the case of 'rosasp' (who didn't seek assistance as member of PTO) as result of his dissatisfaction as to speed of assistance and not at time prevailing, he in retaliation wants full refund which for purposes of 18 USC 875 and/or 876 is something of 'value', thus would result in acquiring a service without the service being compensated. I ask as I will seek if need be, did he slander and intimidate his defense attorney after his conviction forming the basis of his immigration matter which he sought my assistance to potentially avoid deportation.

9. It is my sentiments as I believe would be shared by most, that in this day when the legal resource list for prisoners has become shorter and shorter, that such mockery and bashing is sharply reducing such limited legal resources for prisoners to seek assistance.

10. Since in a private message to me from 'MDawg' he/she asserts to take position of representing many alleged complaints, I assume he/she is a member of the Bar Association and licensed to practice law in each of said states wherein the alleged complaintants reside.

11. Any legal research or documents prepared for an inmate, is reviewed by one of three attorneys prior to being conveyed to the inmate especially where the subject matter is to be submitted for judicial review.

12. Based upon the postings and private messages from 'MDawg' it appears that despite any non-lawyer opinions whether accurate or inaccurate to include those expressed by members of PTO, isn't valid unless expressed by an attorney as he asserts he is and despite where the law reporters are full of cases where convictions were had as result of the defendant not being afforded effective assistance of counsel. None of us are perfect, not even lawyers. Do lawyers give refunds to clients when they express dissatisfaction with dispositions?

I am retired not only due to poor health which the recent postings has caused further decline. I wish all well in their objectives who are united in good faith efforts to assist each other as opposed to researching potential faults and passing adverse judgments upon each other.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Banned

Based upon content of private messages sent to me from MDawg and other information perceived from other sources, all should use caution in providing information to MDawg as the response you might rceive might arrive at your front door as he/she asserts to acquire IP location address. uch has the MO of a government agent working both sides of the table. MDawg refuses to disclose identity even via private message which isn't like an attorney except when attempting to evade being held libel for their conduct.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,604 Times in 1,554 Posts

Blah Blah Blah..

Mr. Marshall (Paralegal4u), you seem to be reaching deep into the legal speak dictionary in your last few posts, but it means nothing to me. Breaking PTO Policies does.

I want you to know that I am banning your account, not because of your dispute with MDawg, but because after talking to other members in the last few days who have forwarded me your PM convos with them, I have now determined that you HAVE been using PTO's private message system to further your business interests (solicit), which you are well aware is not allowed. Just because you don't want to talk "business" via pm's doesn't mean it is ok for you to prompt people to contact you either via email or by phone. This is still soliciting potential clients.

You have very few posts for someone that has been registered here at PTO since 2004, but quite a few PM's according to stats. I would venture a guess this is where you have been most active here at PTO, even while not posting. If you were doing this for free it would be one things, but obviously you are not, and there is at least one PTO member who feels you burned them for $2k. I can't do anything about that but I can about breaking the rules here, and possibly protect others from the same fate.

I suggest that you enjoy your retirement and forget about "helping" people here at PTO.
Closed Thread