Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > PTO News, Information & Events > PTO POLICIES / RULES
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO POLICIES / RULES Please be sure to familiarize yourself with ALL the Prison Talk Online Rules & Regs listed in this forum. We will post any updates or changes here as well, so stop by on a regular basis.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 04:01 PM

how do i find a pto staff member?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Register
Donation Award 

We are asking that all name changes be sent to the help desk. To get to the help desk just click on the link in my siggy.

Thank you
softheart
Old 05-19-2008, 08:18 PM
*God bless our family*

Exclamation Please Help!

I have sent a request to the admin to change my username for reasons, and they sent me a message back saying I can check the status or write them back through the site, however the login name and password they are giving me is not working, and I would like help ASAP! Thank yoU!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Register
Donation Award 

That message you received is an automated message letting you know that your ticket has been received and that someone will get to you shortly.
The system does that so you know we received your message and will take care of it shortly.
You request has been answered.

softie

Quote:
Originally Posted by garveyzanders View Post
I have sent a request to the admin to change my username for reasons, and they sent me a message back saying I can check the status or write them back through the site, however the login name and password they are giving me is not working, and I would like help ASAP! Thank yoU!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:38 PM

The same thing happend to me. I even tried replying to the email and received no reply. don't feel bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by truelove1101 View Post
Old 05-28-2008, 12:40 PM
*God bless our family*

Default name changed

I was finally contacted by a PTO admin and they were able to change my screenname relatively quickly. Try sending another request again, my name was changed within 48 hours of my request.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Donation Award 

Question Second Request

hello.

i requested a name change twice. the first time i received what seemed to be an auto response that my ticket was closed because i hadn't responded. how could i when you never contacted me?!?!

i opened a second request 4 days ago and got an auto response that the ticket was opened.

how long does this process take? what else do i need to do?
Old 06-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Banned

I also requested a name change and also received an auto response that my ticket was open but then it said their e-mail was flooded so it said to write to support@prisontalk.com so I did but I have not gotten any response yet and it's been more than 48 hours.

Please respond to me admin or some staff member.

Thanks

Last edited by ADXDUNGEON; 06-08-2008 at 05:13 PM..
Old 06-09-2008, 04:05 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,489 Times in 3,829 Posts

~Megafauna and kae921~
Did you issue your request through the Helpdesk? That is the quickest way to get a response. And you should include 3 name choices in your correspondance with the helpdesk. You won't go unnoticed, I assure you. If you do not hear from anyone at all, please PM a Supermod (blue) or an Admin (red).
~GG~

Last edited by PTO-92958; 06-09-2008 at 04:08 PM..
Old 06-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglove View Post
~Megafauna and kae921~
Did you issue your request through the Helpdesk? That is the quickest way to get a response. And you should include 3 name choices in your correspondance with the helpdesk. You won't go unnoticed, I assure you. If you do not hear from anyone at all, please PM a Supermod (blue) or an Admin (red).
~GG~
Thanks for tips goldenglove but how do I contact Helpdesk?? I've already sent e-mails to 2 different e-mails addresses admin@prisontalk.com and support@prisontalk.com and gotten no response.

As far as PMing a Supermod ALL of our screenames are in blue so how do I tell who is a Supermod?? I don't think I've seen any red usernames. What do you mean?

Old 06-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,525 Times in 3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megafauna View Post
Thanks for tips goldenglove but how do I contact Helpdesk?? I've already sent e-mails to 2 different e-mails addresses admin@prisontalk.com and support@prisontalk.com and gotten no response.

As far as PMing a Supermod ALL of our screenames are in blue so how do I tell who is a Supermod?? I don't think I've seen any red usernames. What do you mean?

The Help Desk is located on the tool bar at the top of the page (on the same line where you log out). "Super Mod blue" is a bolder and brighter blue. You'll know it when see it. And the easiest way to find Super Mod's and Admin's is to click on Prison Talk at the top of the page so you can go the the main forums page. The Mod's are listed to the right of each forum and are color coded. Hopefully this makes sense and will help you, but go through the Help Desk and you should get a prompt response.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ben's girl For This Useful Post:
StormChild (11-07-2008)
Old 06-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Donation Award 

yes, i issued both request thru helpdesk w/ name change choices & i pm'd mods & a supermod to no avail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglove View Post
~Megafauna and kae921~
~GG~
Old 06-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Banned

I went through helpdesk to do a name change and I have not gotten an answer either. What's with the admin at this site???
Old 06-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Banned

Location: Elm street, Commerce, Oklahoma, USA, Earth, The Milky Way,The Universe
Thanked 1,354 Times in 624 Posts

In case someone may not know this, but that area under your user name, where it says like "Registered User" under Megafauna's name up there? It can be changed, by your self, just by going to the "User Control Panel" up there at the top of the thread, left hand side, that says "user CP" click that and then a page pops up with different things listed, that you may have seen during registration, down a ways is an area called "Custom User Title". There you can type in whatever it is you want to appear below your name, like mine is "Elizabeths Dad". Then click "save" and your done. Okay? ...
Old 06-12-2008, 06:14 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts

megafauna - if you notice, my username is in pink. This denotes me as a forum moderator. Down at the bottom right of the main pages on the forums you will see an area with MODERATORS listed. Some usernames are in pink, some purplish, some royal blue and usually one in red (for this forum you will see Fed-X). These are who we mean when we say PM a 'Red or Blue.' They are upper staff and are equipped to better assist you with username changes.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Terry; 06-12-2008 at 06:17 PM..
Old 06-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megafauna View Post
What's with the admin at this site???
amen. i've pm'd mods, supermods & an admin to no avail. i did however get another auto-response that my ticket was closed due to me not responding within 168 hours.

can someone who works (volunteers) on this site help me? whom do i have to pay?!?! *snicker*

Last edited by kae; 06-12-2008 at 09:41 PM..
Old 06-13-2008, 06:42 PM
He's my rainbow

Default problems with getting name change

I have had the same thing happen to me, I am not sure what to do at this point, I put in a request on the 26th of May.
I received an email the other day saying they were going to change the status of my ticket to close, since they hadnt heard from me.

TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS

Old 06-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgirl6766 View Post
I have had the same thing happen to me, I am not sure what to do at this point, I put in a request on the 26th of May.
I received an email the other day saying they were going to change the status of my ticket to close, since they hadnt heard from me.
Go to the first page where ALL of the forums are, go to the bottom of the page and see which RED names are online currently. PM one of them. That's what I did and my name was changed in about 5 minutes. Don't forget to give them 3 choices for a new username.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:31 AM

I would consider check and sending email for your company.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:13 AM
Forever His ♥
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,256 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasz View Post
I would consider check and sending email for your company.
Hi Thomas
Click on the link and it will take you to the info. you need along with an address.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=331734
Old 06-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Justin~Dylan~Damian

Hey NoAirMan......Okay I went to the user cpand scrolled down to find "custom user title" but it wasnt there, thats what I need changed(the words under my name). So if its there and Im having a blonde moment let me know.... Where is it??? Thanx

Old 06-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Banned

Location: Elm street, Commerce, Oklahoma, USA, Earth, The Milky Way,The Universe
Thanked 1,354 Times in 624 Posts

Sorry, Maria! ... I forgot to tell you that you have to click "edit options" after clicking the "user cp" then you will find "custom user title". ...

Last edited by NoAirMan; 06-20-2008 at 09:01 PM..
Old 06-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Forever His ♥
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,256 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria3lynn View Post
Hey NoAirMan......Okay I went to the user cpand scrolled down to find "custom user title" but it wasnt there, thats what I need changed(the words under my name). So if its there and Im having a blonde moment let me know.... Where is it??? Thanx
Go to User CP and click on Edit Your Details and go to the second section titled Optional Information type what you want in the box called Custom User Title.
The Following User Says Thank You to NtShadow For This Useful Post:
NoAirMan (06-21-2008)
Closed Thread