Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > HAWAII > Hawaii DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hawaii DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Hawaii Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 02-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Be Fruitful always

Question Does anyone have any info on this Habilitat program?

Hello Everyone yes, I am back, but this time, I will be visiting and staying here on the HAWAII forums more than anywhere else. Two years ago it was the Mississippi forum for me because my hubby was shipped there from hawaii. But sadly, he's in the system again, (I'm so upset about that)but this time in Hawaii. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has ANY kind of info on this Habibitat program. I don't know if I'm even spelling or saying right. But what I really do hope and appreciate deeply will be if someone can help.
One more thing before I go. I want to say Hi to everyone in the hawaii forums and please know that I will give any guidance to whom ever might need it, but of course, only if I can.
Thank You all and God Bless.
I can't believe that I'm back here so soon...hahaha!
Old 02-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Jodi--Chris's Mom

Default Habilitat

Hi,
I have been inquiring about this program myself. They have a website--you might take a look at.
When my son was in OCCC he was visited by someone from there but I guess he just wasn't "ready". I have been corresponding with someone from there named Jeff . I suspect he will answer your post as well. Also, I got a couple emails from people who have been there. I had heard it was a very tough program and my son had talked to some people when he was in jail who said it was very tough and they weren't successful in it, but I suggest you go to their website and contact them. I have heard that it is a "boot camp" type program, but they guy who replied to me said it was just a very strict and structured program.

Feel free to to PM me if you like.

Thanks,
Jodi
Old 02-14-2007, 04:34 AM
Be Fruitful always

Smile Thank You!

Hi Jodi, just wanted to thank you for the reply. I also wanted to send my sentiments on the behalf of your son. I bet it must be very hard for you especially, with the fact that you're so far away from him. Trust me I know how you feel. I live in California and my hubby is out there in the Islands. I hope everything works out for the both of you. I talked to my husband today and I told him pretty much what you said about this facility "Habilitat" and he said he doesn't care how hard it is. He actually said that if he could survive the army, he could definitely handle that place. So we shall see. Anyhow, thank you so much for your reply. It was most certainly appreciated. May God bless you and your family.
Aloha
Cindy
Old 05-13-2008, 02:03 PM

Default Does any1 have any Info on this Habilitat program?

Habilitat is a long term residential program built on the "Therapeutic Community" model. This approach is considered by experts to be the most effective method of treatment for substance abuse and chemical addictions. "Therapeutic Communities" are residential facilities in which residents achieve higher levels of responsibility and status by internalizing and practicing socially accepted behaviors. Individual commitments to the community and effective teamwork are emphasized. Senior residents and staff serve as role models for younger admissions.

We are NOT a boot camp. We don't march or anything even remotly close to it. We are strict and structured. It's a tough program because people are not allowed to just do what they want. The program is 2 years plus.

Anyone interested should contact us at 808.235.3691.

Jeff
jnash@habilitat.com
www.habilitat.com