Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Indiana Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Indiana should be posted here.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:30 PM
I Come to You in Pieces

Default Indiana Parole Rules

I obtained a list of the 10 parole rules for parole in Indiana. They are as follows:

Parole Rule #1: Initial Reporting- Upon my release from the institution I agree to proceed directly to the program approved by the division of parole and report to my assigned supervising officer in accordance with the written instructions provided for me at the time of my release.

Parole Rule #2: Employment and Residence- I will make every effort to remain gainfully employed and I understand that I must obtain written permission from my supervising officer prior to changing my employment or residence.

Parole Rule #3: Travel-
a) I understand that out of state travel will require writtent permission from the division of parole and be in accordance with the provisions of the interstate compact agreement. Permission for such travel may be obtained after consulation with and receiving written permission from my supervising officer.
b) I agree to consult with my supervising officer if personal needs or employment require frequent or prolonged periods beyond the parole district or area to which I am released.

Parole Rule #4: Owning, Leasing and Operating Motor Vehicles-
a) I will obtain from my supervising officer written permission before apply for or renewing a license to operate a motor vehicle.
b) I agree to consult with my supervising officer and receive his written permission prior to purchasing or leasing a motor vehicle. Permission to own, lease or operate a motor vehicle is granted with the understanding that I shall comply with all state laws, local ordinances, and regulations of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles pertaining to ownership, financial responsibility and the operation of motor vehicles.

Parole Rule #5: Abuse of Alcohol or Controlled Substances- I understand that the following are a violation o fmy parole:
a) Being intoxicated or
b) Using, possessing or trafficking illegally in a controlled substance. Abuse of alcohol or drugs is not a defense for violation of the parole release agreement.

Parole Rule #6: Visiting Jails or Correctional Institutions- Visiting jails, city lock-ups or State or Federal correctional facilities is permitted only after first obtaining written permission of the parolee's supervising officer and of the Chief Administrative Officer of the jail, city lock-up or State or Federal corectional facility to be visited. Such visits shall be limited to visiting those who are blodd relatives or spouses, unless the supervising officer determines otherwise on a showing by me of a compelling reason.

Parole Rule #7: Criminal Conduct- I will not engage in conduct prohibited by Federal or State law or local ordinance.

Parole Rule #8: Firearms and Dangerous Weapons- I understand that carrying, dealing, in or possessing firearms, explosive devices or deadly weapons is a violation of my parole release agreement.

Parole Rule #9: Home Visitation and Search-
a) I will allow my supervising officer or other authorities of the Department of Correction to visit my residence and place of employment at any reasonable time.
b) I understand that I am legally in the custody of the Department of Correction and that my person and residence or property under my control may be subject to reasonable search by my supervising officer or authorized official of the Department of Correction if the officer or official has reasonable cause to believe that the parolee is violating or is in imminent danger of violating a condition of remaining on parole.

Parole Rule #10: Communication and Special Instructions- I agree to report to my sueprvising officer as instructed and to respond to any and all communications from any authorized employee of the Department of Correction. I will abide by any special conditions imposed by the Indiana Parole Board which have been reduced to writing and included as a condition of my parole.

Hope this was helpful!

*I love you with everything that I am*

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wildukcat For This Useful Post:
CMS1988 (03-08-2009), CocoB (05-05-2009), dylansgirl06 (03-13-2009), ellelmd (09-05-2013), Shadira (09-28-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Forever and a day!

Thanks for sharing that!

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly

The Following User Says Thank You to BabygirlNGary For This Useful Post:
Shadira (09-28-2008)
Old 03-01-2009, 10:27 AM

Question sex-offender parole

Is parole easier than probation? I would like to know what"special rules" my son will need to follow.He was home 16 days on probation and they sent him back for VOP cause he was on My Space and some one turn him in,I live 1/2 a block from a church which was ok with probation but not sure about parole
Old 03-01-2009, 11:46 AM

When it comes to a sex offender neither is going to be easier. It seems to me that they make it easier to fail than make it. The main difference that I see between probation and parole is that with parole there seems to be less "charges" for things. Good luck.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:51 PM

Can anyone give me any advice as to what to expect at my boyfriend's revocation hearing? Does the IN parole board reinstate offenders often? His offense is failure to report almost 5 years ago. He has not committed any new crimes and before leaving town when he stopped reporting he was doing well on parole. And in the last 2 years he has not been "running". We have a home, he gained legal custody of his son, he goes to school and he has a lots of support. We have a lawyer but I am have never been through any of this so if anyone can offer any insight I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:48 AM

Omi, I sat through a probation/parole violation hearing with my son. It was a requirement of his probation and he wanted someone there with him. What I saw was that the outcome was firm. Some were revoked and others were given new chances. Part of it was how successful the person was in convincing the judge they were sincere.

In your case he has been "on the run" as they would see if for 5 years. He did check a couple of years or so ago, but they may not be convinced of that. That's the down side.

On the plus side he has done some very good things.

Please let us know how things turn out for you.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:38 AM

can you tell me what it means when the imates counsilor calls to confirm address of imate befroe parole hearing
Old 07-29-2009, 07:33 PM

Default Condition of Parole question.

Hi,
Does a restraining order violate parole?
My boyfriend just got a restraining order put on him. And he just got out. Will this violate him? Not that he is going to go around the person who filed it, but just the fact that it was filed, will that alone violate him?
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:03 PM

I don't know. I would hope not, but the fact that someone put one on him would scare me to death. I would worry that they are a vindictive person who won't care what they do to someone's life. Is there someway he can keep this person from having any knowledge of his where abouts.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:34 AM

Parole Rule #5: Abuse of Alcohol or Controlled Substances- I understand that the following are a violation o fmy parole:
a) Being intoxicated or
b) Using, possessing or trafficking illegally in a controlled substance. Abuse of alcohol or drugs is not a defense for violation of the parole release agreement.

I'm confused what does "is not a defence for violation" mean??? Does it mean they can drink as long as they don't abuse it, like maybe have a beer or two a couple times a week? or does it mean they will be given drug/alcohol screens and will violate if they have a dirty screen??? My boyfriend drank all the time the last time he was on parole, but was never violated for it.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:34 PM

Can you be on parole and probation at the same time if the probation sentence is served before the parole sentence?

My man went in on a probation vio and a new charge. he served the probation violation first and now he is finishing the second sentence and was issued a new cause number. Is he going to be forced to finish his probation or will it be voided due to the fact that hes going to be on parole when he is released?

Old 09-14-2009, 07:43 PM
doughboys future wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting Angel View Post
a) Being intoxicated or

I'm confused what does "is not a defence for violation" mean??? Does it mean they can drink as long as they don't abuse it, like maybe have a beer or two a couple times a week? or does it mean they will be given drug/alcohol screens and will violate if they have a dirty screen??? My boyfriend drank all the time the last time he was on parole, but was never violated for it.

from what i was told, it means they can drink yes, but obviously they are not to be "drunk" if they are given a piss test. some parole officers will allow alcohol to be consumed if it isnt a large quantity, but some will not tolerate it at all...its something to definitely ask his parole officer or someone that could look his case up.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:45 AM

Default sex offenders parole

Thanks..I worry about him getting violated again over stupid stuff..Like he has to have a job and pay child support but can't use a computer to look for a job..He can see and talk to his kids now but not when he gets out..No funerals..weddings..church..your right it's like they set them up to fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrldy View Post
When it comes to a sex offender neither is going to be easier. It seems to me that they make it easier to fail than make it. The main difference that I see between probation and parole is that with parole there seems to be less "charges" for things. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:30 AM
doughboys future wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by momapatti View Post
Is parole easier than probation? I would like to know what"special rules" my son will need to follow.He was home 16 days on probation and they sent him back for VOP cause he was on My Space and some one turn him in,I live 1/2 a block from a church which was ok with probation but not sure about parole

ok so my question is...he got a vop cause he was on myspace?? i mean are you serious?!?! my man may not be gettin either since he has a hold on him in johnson county but if he does get either, i wanna tell him now that he better not use his myspace lol

Old 09-26-2009, 11:17 AM

southsidemomma, the VOP for my space of face book are usually reserved for sex offender parolees. The rules for this type of offense seem to written in the air to be grabbed as needed.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:42 PM
doughboys future wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrldy View Post
southsidemomma, the VOP for my space of face book are usually reserved for sex offender parolees. The rules for this type of offense seem to written in the air to be grabbed as needed.

ohhh ok...that makes more sense, i totally didnt think about that at all. thanks a bunch!!!

Old 09-11-2012, 04:00 PM
*Ralston's Wife*

Default Paroling to Indiana

My husband is to be released from prison is ky next month and has put a transfer in for Indiana does anyone know how this works and what is the chance it will be approved