Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Member Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Alabama Member Introductions Alabama members and those affected by the Alabama prison system only - please introduce yourself here!

Old 03-06-2012, 07:06 AM

Default New to PTO. Looking for support and info.

I am new to prison talk. I am wanting to learn more about the system and share and support other family members as well. I have a husband that is waiting on transport to kilby.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 09:12 AM

Welcome, The Alabama forum isn't very active right now, but I have received answers to my questions from a couple of members that still post. I have been spending time reading in the General Prison Talk section, although there isn't info about Alabama prisons in there, you can find some interesting and also inspiring topics. I will be happy to help with anything that I can, even if you just need someone to listen to you...Best of luck to you and your loved one!!
The Following User Says Thank You to HeHadMeAtHello For This Useful Post:
alwayslovehim06 (03-06-2012)
Old 06-17-2012, 05:44 PM

Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHadMeAtHello View Post
Welcome, The Alabama forum isn't very active right now, but I have received answers to my questions from a couple of members that still post. I have been spending time reading in the General Prison Talk section, although there isn't info about Alabama prisons in there, you can find some interesting and also inspiring topics. I will be happy to help with anything that I can, even if you just need someone to listen to you...Best of luck to you and your loved one!!

my names maryann im new here my husband has been on parole 8 years he was on interstate compact he caught a case here I just went to put money in his account hes gone they picked him up yesterday,I am so upset he got sentenced to 9 months county here he was supposed to be on parole tell 2016 I dont no what to do or where to turn not sure how alabama works can you enlighten me
Old 03-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Happy To Serve Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,070 Times in 502 Posts

I'm here! Welcome to PTO! Kilby is the place that offenders first go to when they enter the prison system. They are checked for HIV and such. If they are negative, then most of the time they are transferred to another prison.

I am currently in MS, but my fiance and son are in the ADOC. I've been dealing with it since the early 90's. I was also a volunteer battered women's counselor at Tutwiler Prison for Women and hope to move back to Montgomery this spring and continue my work there. No bad for a lady in a wheelchair.

Michele

Last edited by frostwoman1954; 03-06-2012 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: Forgot signature
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frostwoman1954 For This Useful Post:
alwayslovehim06 (03-06-2012), HeHadMeAtHello (03-06-2012), lisainengland (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 02:47 PM
English Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator PTO Ambassador of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 12,543 Times in 6,753 Posts

Hi and welcome to PTO. Sometimes the Alabama forum isnt very busy but there is already somebody around that will try to help or just listen if you need to vent

Old 03-07-2012, 02:56 PM

HI!!!! welcome to PTO!! I hope that you find the support and friendliness that i have experienced since being here! I am usually a very private person so i was very unsure of this site when i first found it but i have made many great connections with people here. I'm in california and me and my honey are MWI but the experiences are usually similar! if you need to talk or want to vent or just make a friend feel free to PM me!!! Starting threads about your thoughts is also very helpful. I get a lot of good advice and information from the people here!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:42 PM

thank you to you all! I am still figuring this site out I have read alot of info on here and it has became very useful. I am also pretty private and a family member said not to trust sites like these , something about using it against you :/ I just want to talk to ppl that understand what I'm going through and can say 100% of you most likely do. Has any of you had something happen negative towards you bc of this site? I don't see why but just asking. Thank you!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Happy To Serve Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,070 Times in 502 Posts

I've been a member of PTO for 4 years and I've never had repercussions from it. There are some very supportive members here.

Michele
The Following User Says Thank You to frostwoman1954 For This Useful Post:
alwayslovehim06 (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 09:28 PM

Hi and welcome to PTO!! I have never had anything but positive things happen for me and my family because of this site. It is because of this site that I knew what to do to help my husband come home on parole. Actually, he was granted parole 1 1/2 years earlier than his initial parole hearing date and I am so thankful for all the advice and feedback from the people on this ste. Honestly, I felt like I was going crazy until I found this site. I felt like nobody understood what I was going through. So I have nothing but good thoughts about PTO. If there is anything I can help you with let me know!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vanhelton For This Useful Post:
alwayslovehim06 (03-09-2012), lisainengland (05-31-2012)
Old 03-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Loving our life together!

Hi & welcome to PTO...glad you found us! Yes, it's definitely difficult being in our situations. If you're like me, VERY few people in your "real, day to day" life have ever been through something like this, so they're very limited when it comes to support. It's normal for your family members to be cautious about a site, but you'll be just fine . I've been a member here for almost 6 years & it's always been a tremendous source for advice, support & understanding, all of which are things WE need!

It's true, the AL forum isn't as active as it was when I first joined, but we do pop in from time to time. My hubby's down to just a little over 6 months, so thankfully, this (almost) 7 year ordeal is behind us! Again, glad you found us & I look forward to chatting with you!

KC ~n~ RE
The Following User Says Thank You to pepper24 For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (03-27-2012)
Old 04-14-2012, 07:50 PM

Hello I am new to pro as well. I have a good friend serving at Ventress right not tried to go visit him today but got lost and got there late my gps lost service.I will just like to talk to people who will understand and not judge.I have been going through that all lot theses days...Im really bummed out right now but in time I will get over it, there is always next month even tho his day is on Mother's day!!!!!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:03 PM

Hi! Welcome to pto, My husband is at Staton. He was at Kilby for a small time before being transferred. Like one of the ladies above said Kilby is basically an "in processing" prison as I like to call it. I haven't been a member long either, but this site gives me some kind of sanity I can't seem to find anywhere else. PM me if you ever need anything..
Old 05-30-2012, 07:46 AM

I'm not very active on this site, but when I'm having a difficult time, or have questions, this site has been very helpful. I wish you the very best. It's a rough ride, but with faith and love, you will make it through this time.
The Following User Says Thank You to charlene29 For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (05-31-2012)
Old 06-23-2012, 01:45 PM

I would contact his parole officer if the county facility where he was being held. Good luck. I know you are very concerned and it's a tough situation for you. Hang in there.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:50 PM

*or* the county facility....

Last edited by charlene29; 06-23-2012 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: add more
Old 06-23-2012, 01:58 PM

and if they've picked him up to take him back to AL, it might be quite a few days, even a week or more, until you hear from him. I dont know for sure how they do it in your case, but they often send a van to pick ppl up. They go through several states and make quite a few stops. It might be a few days even after he gets to AL before he will be able to call you. Hope you hear from him soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlene29 For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (06-24-2012), maryannie (06-23-2012)