View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesdavenpor View Post
Federal government is composed of three distinct branches: legislative, executive and judicial. Article III of the Constitution, which establishes the Judicial Branch, leaves Congress significant discretion to determine the shape and structure of the federal judiciary. This petition specifically "calls on congress to act." Judicial power is vested onto federal judges who can and do put through an injunction onto government state agencies (TDCJ). Case in point - On June 21, 2016, U.S. District Court Judge Keith Ellison ordered the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) to provide prisoners at the Wallace Pack Unit in Navasota with drinking water free of unsafe levels of arsenic.
- In addition this federal judge, at this very moment,
is ruling on another injunction on TDCJ regarding the heat issue right now. Your comments illustrate that you are in this forum for very different reasons and seem to be missing the big picture here. As I just stated, "activists merge with like minded individuals to create real change."
Litigation is completely different that a petition. What are you talking about?

I did not state that a federal judge could act on his own. Obviously, the case I used as an example was in response to a suit filed. Congress makes the laws and as I stated this petition is to congress. Read before you trip over yourself.

This petition is to congress. Let me state that again. This petition is to congress. Congress is the lawmaking branch of our national government.

Well thank you for a warm welcome in response to my first post here. You are too kind. I realize that you are an individual that would rather focus on being correct rather than actually doing something. IMPORTANT - aligning yourself with like minded individuals is real power regardless of how it is accomplished.

Lastly, your comment regarding "federal legislature" is nonsensical. Federal relates to central government distinct from the individual governments, which is what the legislative branch is. The legislative branch is made up of the Senate and the House of Representatives. Please educate yourself before bashing another individual.

Last edited by Charlesdavenpor; 07-16-2017 at 06:24 PM..