View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
You need to grasp the REALITY that the federal legislature has no control over State agencies, no matter whether it is TDCJ or another agency.

You are trying to reinvent the wheel. But hey, what do I know...I was only working on units when we had Special Masters tromping around in the mid-80's and around when the Consent Decree came down in 1992...

Federal government is composed of three distinct branches: legislative, executive and judicial. Article III of the Constitution, which establishes the Judicial Branch, leaves Congress significant discretion to determine the shape and structure of the federal judiciary. This petition specifically "calls on congress to act." Judicial power is vested onto federal judges who can and do put through an injunction onto government state agencies (TDCJ). Case in point - On June 21, 2016, U.S. District Court Judge Keith Ellison ordered the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) to provide prisoners at the Wallace Pack Unit in Navasota with drinking water free of unsafe levels of arsenic.
- In addition this federal judge, at this very moment,
is ruling on another injunction on TDCJ regarding the heat issue right now. Your comments illustrate that you are in this forum for very different reasons and seem to be missing the big picture here. As I just stated, "activists merge with like minded individuals to create real change."