View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 02:16 PM

Thanked 2,190 Times in 863 Posts

I'm sorry you weren't given the ok in time for Christmas. Just tell yourself that that 1st visit will be a reason to celebrate. I was trying to remember how long it took us to get approved but I seem to think it was several weeks or more. They do background check plus your loved one needs to be settled in as well. It depends too on how quickly they turned in their visitation list. The holidays always delay thing. My son put in a request to transfer to a TC in November. He kept asking but was told it had gone through the facility approval & was sent to the DOC to approve. Somehow it got lost there & wasn't until I made repeated calls that they found it & processed it almost 2 months later.

You could always call the DOC & ask if the visitation has been approved. Call 404-656-4661 for inmate info & you could also try calling the Office of Family Advocacy if the 1st people don't help. The advocacy office # is 478-992-5358.
Here's a link to the visitation Q & A.http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/sites/de...ion_FAQs_0.pdf

The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
GingerM (12-26-2019)