View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Onto the next hurdle

Thanked 4,504 Times in 2,068 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJRZPea View Post
There is not an option : HE HAS FAITH IN HIS RELIGION, BUT YOU DONT

My fiance is the one who has faith and I really try to get into it and some days are better than others, but now Im on a "loss of faith" kick because it is all new to me and I don't know how this works. Believing in God is so hard for me, so it will be a relationship he is going to have to walk ME through LOL

Thanks for sharing...I guess "different religions" and problem or not would be the closest....he has faith and your agnostic or atheist or whatever your parents were (which was me for a long time, I was raised Catholic but wanted nothing to do with church or religion for a good decade).

I don't know if this will help you at all, but for me, even when I was fairly skeptical about the hypocrisy of organized religion, I always believed in God because of ameobas. I was always amazed at how much it took for those single celled organizims under a microscope to survive and how everthing had to be in place for it to work. And that was just one cell. Multiply that to the complexity of a human....and I just never saw how that could be random chance. So that's my a-ha moment. But everyone has to follow their own path.