Thread: CRAF Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 09:05 PM

Hi Catherine,

My love was at craf for about 3 weeks. I didn't hear from him for the first 2 weeks he was there. He had to submit a phone list and it took about a week to get approved. Like Alex said, you have to have a land line phone. I don't know about Google Voice, I think it's a call forwarding service and it may not work. As far as the stamps go, My love said he got enough stuff to write two letters, including 2 prepaid envelopes. I received one letter from him from CRAF, but I didn't get it until after he was out of there for a few days. Like Alex said, once you get a phone number approved, be prepared to have people ask him to make a call. I'd use caution with that. My love asked me to do it and I did and it worked out ok, but the more I thought about it, I probably shouldn't have gotten involved. For all you know, they could have you call someone that they may not be allowed to contact and it could become a legal issue. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my contact with my love, so I won't likely do it again.

Best of luck! Not too many people post on here, but if you scroll through, most of my questions were answered. It is nice to know there are others going through the same thing!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jrsygrl70605 For This Useful Post:
CatherineH (08-06-2013)