View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 01:40 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,504 Times in 4,007 Posts

Hi there I am sorry that you are in this situation.Here are some helplines that are veryh useful both for support and information please call them.

The Offenders’ Families Helpline
info@offendersfamilieshelpline.org
Telephone: 0808 808 2003

Helpline for Prisoners’ Families
helpline@prisonadvice.org.uk
Telephone: 0808 808 3444

For prisons in Scotland only
Families Outside Support and Information Helpline
Telephone: 0800 254 0088

This is also a very useful website and they offer a befriending and advice service.

You will find a lot of support here and with these organisations.

Is it possible for you to rent out your mothers house to cover the cost of the mortgage? Letting agents will do the administering for a fee and find you suitable tenants.
If you cannot pay the mortgage and family wont help then you may have to sell at a loss rather than face repossession.

Your mother will get benefits and housing when she is released. It may not be her own house but she should be entitled to housing association support there may be a wait but her probation service will advise. It is likely she will serve 50% of any sentence imposed with the rest served in the community.

Please contact the RSPCA regarding rehoming the animals https://www.rspca.org.uk/home then can advise on local animal shelters.

I hope all this information is of use , above all look after yourself so you can support your Mum.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-28-2018), GingerM (05-29-2018), NoCasserole (05-29-2018), sidewalker (05-29-2018)