View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 09:15 AM

Default How to Enforce Eligible Release Date

My husband is in the Camp La Tuna in Anthony, New Mexico / Anthony, Texas - it's right on the border. I used to live in El Paso so I was close enough to visit him and I have since moved to Las Cruces, NM the other side of the border.

Parker is the case worker at Camp La Tuna and is not releasing my husband until April, 2019... just 2 months before his formal release date. He has never had a single write-up, has never had any points against him, and has acquired "good time" to the extent that the warden actually wrote him a letter stating he is "eligible for release November 13, 2018" but there are no beds.

My husband is 67, will be 68 on December 1, 2018, he is retired, on Social Security and disabled. He cannot work because he is unable to sit or stand for long hours or walk long distances.

They say there are "no beds" so they refuse to release him on his eligible release date of November 13, 2018 and are pushing it out to April, 2019. That's an extra 5 months... for what? Because Parker doesn't like him filing BP9s since he was advised that he will not be released on his eligible release date? Other inmates are released several months early who have spent less time and have caused problems - had points against them - and here he has never had a single point against him, has been in 4x as long as he was supposed to be (was sentenced for everything they brought against him, not just what he was convicted of, hence Nelson) has restitution of $2.1 million when the only conviction was $75,000 and now they are trying to keep him there for an extra 5 months.

Is there a way to force them to release him to home confinement rather than waiting for a bed? A half way house is just a formality. He would never be able to get a job since he is retired/disabled.

What do I need to do to get him released the day he is eligible?
Sponsored Links