View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 06:25 AM
GingerM's Avatar
GingerM GingerM is offline
Super Moderator

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 6,507
Thanks: 9,427
Thanked 9,999 Times in 3,895 Posts

I'm afraid I don't have any information.

You may try contacting whoever is responsible for their medical oversight (sometimes called 'Health Services'). If your brother is under someone else's care (a ward of a family member?), that person should be able to get through.

I won't lie, it's not easy to get them to even listen, forget about act. If you can get doctors (MD or Psychiatrists) to advocate for your brother, that will help, especially if you can get medical records sent to the jail.

Is your brother's issues such that you fear for his life due to his mental health issues? They can put him in "protective custody" or "suicide watch", but I'll warn you that it's essentially solitary confinement and can often make people worse.

My heart hurts for you.

Welcome to PTO. I'm sorry you need us, but am glad you found us.
Reply With Quote