View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 12:46 PM
Полезный дурак

My apologies for the virtual weight gain !

As for last night, with the pompous surroundings and people, the food was o.k. but not anything better than prior. I started with grilled polenta in a mushroom and Gorgonzola cream sauce. Arugula salad with shaved parmesan and cherry tomatoes? Eeeeehhh....

The restaurant offers risotto for 2 so my husband and I shared the wild mushroom one. Typical, not out of this world. My dessert was mixed berry flambé with vanilla iced cream.

I nagged on my husband that he had too much red meat so he ordered chicken. It was wrapped with mozzarella and prosciutto in a white wine sauce. Sautéed rapini and herbed potatoes as a side. Pistachio gelato to end.

It was so pretentious and the other diners were stuffy! We were warned that the servers would try to push you out if you ordered a „ cheaper ” bottle of wine. Cheaper as in ~ 100 $ ! My husband said not to worry since he could put on the „ lost Slavic prince ” airs .... and so I laughed so much !!! I stuck out like a sore thumb !! How embarrassing !

It was nice to cross this off a „ to do ” list but not going back ! Middle Eastern food tonight ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ne Plach’ For This Useful Post:
xolady (07-28-2018)