View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Pettygil Pettygil is offline
Registered User

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Freeport, IL
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts

I can't believe this, but I found this information on a web site, this really pisses me off! Oh, man I am going to get sick. I can't even eat now. I must never read this shit again. I do not support any death, not by gas or by Electrocution.

Lethal injections. I can't imagine, nor do I ever want to die this way. This is sick shit. I feel so very sad, and yet I think I am going to throw up now, it effects me that bad. Dear God, please let these kinds of killings stop. I pray it ends. I would not read, unless you can handle some very twisted and sick crap. Just beware what I found is beyond disterbing. How can anyone think this is fine to do to another human?

I remember being in the hospital for near blood poisoning. I almost died, well the nurse she must of poked me at least 10 times, and blood went everywhere and my whole arm went numb. I can't imagine, having to go through that kind of pain for for about 40 minutes, or longer. I just mention this for people who do support the dp. How can they think this is right to do to someone.

Lethal Injection, what I found online.

UPDATE: On December 8, 2009, Ohio became the first state in the USA to carry out a lethal injection using one drug when it put Kenneth Biros to death with a massive dose of the anesthetic sodium thiopental.
Lethal injection can cause excruciating pain. Since the first lethal injection on December 7, 1982, over 1,000 prisoners in the USA have been executed by this method and it has all but replaced other methods of execution.

The ProcessThe prisoner is bound to a gurney; two needles are inserted into the prisoner's veins and a saline solution is injected.
Sodium thiopental, an anesthetic, is injected to put the prisoner to sleep.
Pavulon, or pancuronium bromide, is released, inducing paralysis and stopping breathing.
Finally, the flow of potassium chloride stops the heart. This chemical can cause excruciating pain if the prisoner is still conscious.
The Potential ProblemsThe prisoner resists and delays establishment of an intravenous line.
The execution team is not able to find a suitable vein.
The mixture or composition of drugs is wrong.
The direction of flow of the injection is wrong.
The chemicals are directed into tissue rather than a vein.
The prisoner does not react normally to the drugs.
The ResultsIf not rendered unconscious, the inmate will feel excruciating pain; if paralyzed by the pancuronium bromide, the inmate will be unable to show this pain.
Some executions have lasted between 20 minutes to over an hour and prisoners have been seen gasping for air, grimacing and convulsing during executions.
Autopsies have shown severe, foot long chemical burns to the skin and needles have been found in soft tissue.

This is not humane. This is very wrong. It is bad enough these people on DR, spent half their life in a room smaller than a box, and ate shitty ass food, with all freedoms taken from them, cant even be outside. Now comes the time when they have to die like this? I believe these people suffered enough and may God release them to heaven.
So if you support the dp you really think this is ok to do to a person? I sure as hell don't. My ex husband died by three men and even though I hate them, I know God will have his justice and he is the one who judges people. This info really breaks my heart.

However after reading this may people not take for granted the freedoms they do have and life life to the fullest. If you feel you are having a bad day, read below and then know nothing could be this bad~ I will not write about this anymore, as I can't deal with it, so this is all I am saying about it. I will not be sleeping good tonight. I also know there is a God and I know in my heart, that he knows, this is not right.

Problematic injections.
As with the introduction of any new method, lethal injection has not been without some seriously botched executions, some of which are examined below. It is clearly, by no means a foolproof method, but perhaps the learning curve has now been surmounted as reports of problems seem to have greatly reduced.
March 14th, 1984 James Autrey. Texas.
Autrey took at least 10 minutes to die after the chemicals began to be injected. Throughout much of those 10 minutes, he was fully conscious and complained of pain. This was caused by the catheters clogging so delaying the transmission of the chemicals. It is also probable that the needle either did not enter the vein or passed through it. When the lethal chemicals enter the muscles instead, they cause considerable pain.
March 13th, 1985. Stephen Peter Morin. Texas.
Technicians had to probe both arms and legs with needles for 45 minutes before they found the vein.
June 24th, 1987 Elliot Johnson. Texas.
It took 35 minutes to insert the catheter into his vein.
December 13th, 1988 Raymond Landry. Texas.
Pronounced dead 40 minutes after being strapped to the execution gurney and 24 minutes after the drugs first started flowing into his arms. Two minutes into the execution, the catheter came out of Landry's vein, spraying the chemicals across the room towards witnesses. The execution team had to reinsert the catheter into the vein. The curtain was closed for 14 minutes so witnesses could not observe the intermission.
May 24th, 1989. Stephen McCoy. Texas.
McCoy had such a violent physical reaction to the drugs (heaving chest, gasping, choking, etc.) that one of the witnesses (male) fainted, crashing into and knocking over another witness. The Texas Attorney General admitted the inmate "seemed to have somewhat stronger reaction," adding, "The drugs might have been administered in a heavier dose or more rapidly."
September 12th, 1990. Charles Walker. Illinois.
According to Dr. Edward A. Brunner, over 5 minutes after the activation of Illinois's lethal injection machine and more than two minutes after the plungers had injected the chemicals, Walker’s heart had not stopped, the Illinois Department of Corrections officials ordered the viewing blinds closed. The witnesses were not aware that Walker had not died and were not told that there was a problem.
Without removing Walker from the equipment, officials inspected the equipment and discovered a kink in the intravenous line. They straightened out the line, and a short time later Walker's heart stopped.

January 24th, 1992. Rickey Ray Rector. Arkansas.
It took medical staff more than 50 minutes to find a suitable vein in Rector's arm. Witnesses were not permitted to view this scene but reported hearing Rector's loud moans throughout the process. During the ordeal, Rector tried to help the medical personnel find a vein. Attendants were about to prepare a "cut-down," when a vein in his right hand was finally discovered - an hour after the procedure began. The administrator of the Arkansas Department of Corrections medical programs said (paraphrased by a newspaper reporter), "the moans did come as a team of two medical people that had grown to 5 worked on both sides of his body to find a vein."
March 10th, 1992. Robyn Lee Parks. Oklahoma.
Parks had a violent reaction to the drugs. Two minutes after the drugs were administered, the muscles in his jaws, neck, and abdomen began to react spasmodically for approximately 45 seconds. Parks continued to gasp and violently gag. Death came 11 minutes after the drugs were administered. Wayne Greene a reporter on the Tulsa World newspaper described Park's execution as looking "scary and ugly."
April 23rd, 1992. Billy Wayne White. Texas.
It took 47 minutes for the prison staff to find a suitable vein, and White eventually had to help them.
May 7th, 1992. Justin Lee May. Texas.
May had an unusually violent reaction to the lethal drugs. According to Robert Wernsman, a reporter for the Huntsville newspaper, The Item, May gasped, coughed and reared against his heavy leather restraints, coughing once again before his body froze. Associated Press reporter Michael Graczyk wrote, "He went into a coughing spasm, groaned and gasped, lifted his head from the death chamber gurney and would have arched his back if he had not been belted down. After he stopped breathing, his eyes and mouth remained open."
May 10th, 1994. John Wayne Gacy. Illinois.
John Wayne Gacy, who had tortured and murdered 33 young men and boys during the 1970’s, was executed by lethal injection at the Stateville penitentiary in Joliet, Illinois.
After the injection began, one of the 3 lethal drugs clogged the tube leading into Gacy's arm, and therefore stopped flowing. Blinds covering the window through which witnesses observed the execution were then drawn. The clogged tube was replaced with a new one, the blinds were opened and the execution process resumed. Gacy actually took 18 minutes to die. Anaesthesiologists blamed the problem on the inexperience of prison officials who were conducting the execution, saying that proper procedures taught in IV 101 would have prevented the error.

May 3rd, 1995. Emmitt Foster. Missouri.
Foster was not pronounced dead until 30 minutes after the flow of chemicals began into his arms. After 7 minutes, the blinds were closed to prohibit the witnesses from viewing the scene. They were not reopened until 3 minutes after death pronounced. According to the coroner who pronounced death, the problem was caused by the tightness of the leather straps that bound Foster to the execution gurney. It was so tight that the flow of chemicals into the veins was restricted. It was several minutes after a prison worker finally loosened the strap that death was pronounced. The coroner entered the death chamber 20 minutes after the execution began, noticed the problem, and told the officials to loosen the strap so then the execution could proceed.
May 3rd, 2000. Christina Marie Riggs, Arkansas.
Christina Marie Riggs was the first woman to be executed in the state of Arkansas. The execution began 18 minutes late because of the difficulty in finding a suitable vein to insert the catheters into. She agreed to have the catheters placed in veins in her wrists. It is not unusual for the prisoner to have help staff in this way.
February 5th 2006Joseph Lewis Clark, Ohio.
Prison staff were initially able to insert a single IV line, but Clark's vein collapsed, delaying the execution for an hour while new lines were attached.
December 13th, 2006. Angel Nieves Diaz, Florida.
Diaz took 34 minutes to die and required a second injection when the needle went through his vein rather than into it. His arms showed burn marks from the chemicals.
September 15th, 2009 Rommel Broom Ohio.
Technicians spent two hours trying to find a usable vein to inject into before Governor Strickland ordered a stay for Broom. He was reportedly traumatised by this.
Ohio has now adopted a single drug injection protocol with a back up procedure of two drugs given intra-muscularly if a vein cannot be found.

Last edited by Pettygil; 06-02-2010 at 01:16 AM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pettygil For This Useful Post:
maxie'smom (07-20-2018)