View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 12:08 AM
NuBeginning's Avatar
NuBeginning NuBeginning is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: La La Land
Posts: 1,508
Thanks: 6
Thanked 207 Times in 24 Posts

When a person is on parole, they are under the juridiction of the Board of Parole, therefore a parole officer can issue "no contact" as a condition of his parole. No contact with the victim is a general parole condition in California, which I'm assuming you're from. Since you were the victim in his case, the no contact would apply to you. Does not matter if you are married or if the judge did or did not order it. General parole conditions states that the parolee must not have contact directly, indirectly or by 3rd party with the victim.

In some cases where the victim is a family member, the parolee would have to request a modification of the parole conditions in order for them to have contact with the victim, which normally does not happen until the parolee has successfully completed any classess that were assigned. In some cases, the first step to reunification would be to get the parole agent's approval for the two of you to have contact to attend counseling together. Second step would be to get the doctor's letter of recommendation for reunification after successfully completing counseling. If the parole agent still does not feel that the parolee will have a successful parole by being around the person they victimized, then the PO will not modify the conditions. It's totally at his discretion.
ôRemember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a NEW THING.... "
Reply With Quote