Thread: FCI--Gilmer
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 05:46 PM
family -cradle to grave

Thanked 1,351 Times in 704 Posts
Default western union

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmalarie View Post
My husband self surrendered to FCI Gilmer on Wednesday. Is there anyone else out there that has a loved one there? How long have they been there? I am new to this whole prison thing and I am at a loss. I just want to know what other people's loved ones have told them about Gilmer. I have spoken to a few of the guards there and they all seem pretty nice. I saw the grounds from the outside and it wasn't as intimidating as I thought it would be. Is there anything I should know that nobody I talk to is going to tell me? Does anyone know how long it takes to get money on the books? I sent a money order today to the address in Des Moines my husband told me to send it to. I am hoping that he gets it soon. Does anyone know if they have to buy paper, stamps, envelopes, pens, etc.....or is that stuff provided?

Sorry if I sound stupid, but I don't know exactly how things work in the federal prison system.
I use western union I can do it online with credit card. It is there shortly after I finish. I gt an email to confirm it is received . good luck. My grand son is at gilmer he has been there a year. It costs 8 dollars dona

Last edited by donazerozero; 07-30-2010 at 05:50 PM..