View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Registered Member

I would give a big Amen to the statement that there is no confidentiality in the military prison system. My exposure to the non-military side is limited, but as I understand it, there is little confidentiality there, either.
I remember going through the psychological assessment process (for want of a better name) at Leavenworth. I sat down for my interview with a young NCO, and the first thing he said to me was "if you admit to anything we don't know, I have to report it." I asked what they did with that information, and he said he didn't know. I have pretty extensive education in psychology, to include testing, and I know when I am being bs'ed. Needless to say, I didn't feel like opening up...
As to the military system's ability to rehabilitate, in general, the report says people released from military incarceration have a lower recidivism rate than the general prison population. Gee...Could this be because the miltitary prison system has a largely educated and disciplined population that is around 95% (or higher) first time offenders?
For those of you that haven't done so already, check out the Cox Report. This came out a couple of years ago and recommended sweeping changes in the UCMJ. It was completely ignored by congress. I imagine you can still find it on www.militaryinjustice.org.
Finally, I continue to be majorly impressed by prisontalk. This is one outstanding site.
Don't lose faith, don't lose hope, and keep those prayers coming.
The Following User Says Thank You to abndave For This Useful Post:
StephanieluvsBr (06-03-2010)