View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 01:44 PM

Thanked 1,422 Times in 679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandi123 View Post
My boyfriend has a hearing mid-March. Several questions: 1) I plan to go to speak on his behalf. It's a non-violent drug charge, no disciplinaries, he has completed the SAP program and is chairing AA meetings. What do I need to say at the hearing? I just have no idea of what to say. Also, the ADA absolutely hates him. I'm not sure why but I'm not exaggerating. His troubles are minor in the grand scheme of things, he's just a thorn in their side. A response from the ADA is the only negative thing we see as a hindrance in his making parole. How much weight will that carry in comparison to everything else positive he has going for him? Thanks in advance!
You tell them what you said were his accomplishments that you've mentioned above. Also, tell them how he's changed for the better. All the classes he's taken trying to improve himself. Be positive and respectful. Write key points on a recipe card to tell them. Dress appropriately and just talk to them.

I did this twice and got my son out. I don't know how much weight will be given to the ADA.

Please let us know how it went.

Good luck. Y'all are in my prayers.

Michele