View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpletaz1956 View Post
My son i s 25 and is bi-polar and has been addicted to Meth, his drug of choice. Now he is paying for his consequences. The past few years have been a total nightmare but the three of us (our son, his stepdad and I ) are remaining positive, desite the prison system. The majority of our families don't know what is going on with our son and don't even seem to care. My hubby & I went home for a funeral last week and only my nephew ask about our son. In a way it really irritates me as to their ignorance as they have known that all of his life he is bi-polar. I am certain that they don't ask because they don't know much about manic depression and just don't want to know because it doesn't affect them directly and they don't have to deal with it on a daily basis. It hurts though. We have 3 nieces and 1 nephew and 3 of them have children and I pray to God that they don't have to live life with any of these issues. My Father is old and not in the greatest of health and I could not begin to tell him about my son because I know his health could not withstand it!!!! Call me selfish, but he is my only living parent and I want to share my life with him, but I can't share this part of it....his health couldn't take it and I can't take that chance. Also, I don't feel it is my place to say anything to him or anyone else, that is a choice that our son will have to make. As you can see.......it is a catch 22....I want them to ask but yet I don't want to explain his time in prison. So we keep it to ourselves and life goes on.
My heart goes out to all of you and we will keep each and everyone of you in our prayers.
I am a recovering crystal meth addict and I suffer from bipolar I. If I can be of any assistance, even just a listening ear I'd be happy to try to help.