View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINOIS.PAL View Post
Happy belated birthday!!!

One thing I find that keeps me happy in this relationship is every time I get something from him - whether that be a letter, a card, an email, or a call - it's like a nice little surprise that breaks up my week if that makes sense. Or, to reword it, there's always, always something to look forward to (including weekly video visits). So knowing, that each week, I'll have a couple emails from him, or we'll get to chat on the phone (Thursdays are our usual day - so tonight! Yayy!!! lol), or that this week I'll be getting a letter from him, or even that I get to see him through video visits on weekends - all of those things keep me going. Any communication with him is like getting a present all over again. It really, really has helped time fly. I mean, 8 months ago I never would've thought... but here we are!
I know how you feel about the calls, visits and letters. My eyes light up when he calls me. And I cry when I hear a song or get a letter because he isn't one for writing. I just found out today that if he has to another program after the class is done he will get transferred two hours away. I told him before he got incarcerated that I would not miss a visit with him and I told him again I wouldn't. My mom lives up that way and I can stay over at her house. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he don't have to do that program. If he don't he gets out in May of next year. I can't wait I miss and love him so much. In two hours I get to go visit.