View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Psalm 28:7

I'm seeing that most of you said ABSOLUTELY NOT. But I'm not so quick to say the same. My husband and I have a four year old daughter, and he was sentenced to 13 years. He's 36 now, so if he gets out on his release date (which isn't until 2016) he'll be 46. I'd have to say that I would seriously consider having another child before he came home. Simply because of the age issue and not wanting to wait until it may be to late. I don't know. Then again, raising a child is VERY difficult, it's time consuming, expensive and emotionally draining at times. Especially when this happened with my husband. I had to try and keep it together for my daughters sake, but at the same time, I had a whole lot of emotions I was dealing with. The one thing that makes me reconsider, is that I'm being selfish. Because it's NOT fair to the child and I know that. Like now for example, my daughter is going through a lot, and although I do my absolute best, I can not fill that gap that was made, when her dad vanished. We go visit him as often as possible and will hopefully have family visits soon, but it doesn't even come close to him being an everyday part of our lives. And it's not fair to her. Seeing her hurt, is the most painful thing I've ever had to deal with, and it sucks.
So in the end, my answer is, I don't know, I'd love to have another child or two with him, but is it better to just wait and deal with being older parents?????............ I'm just really not sure. But I wouldn't completely rule it out either. I have a very supportive family, so I'm not necessarily alone. But here we go, back to the issue of being selfish.
.................. it's a tough one to call.