View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 10:55 AM
Jjx062's Avatar
Jjx062 Jjx062 is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Default Speedy trial

Originally Posted by guardianangel3 View Post
after a quiet summer with absolutely no activity on my sons case since May, yesterday he called to say they took him to court, and his conflict attorney asked to be removed from the case...the judge then told my son that they'd 'let him know when they assign him another lawyer, but the time it would take to start over would NOT count as time served'...i think my son is caught up in a corrupt county where they are known to play by their own rules. in less than 3 weeks, is the one-year mark of his arrest, with NO progress in the system. i dont know what to do...
I would simply file a pro se motion for a speedy trial. This means they only have a very limited number of days before they have to have the case resolved. If not then the conviction becomes unconstitutional. It is a little more complicated then that, but thatís the basics. File the motion.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jjx062 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (10-20-2017)