View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 03:26 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,772 Times in 8,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by choclgs View Post
That's the challenge with Alzheimer's disease/dementia. Finding the correct resources. I had to take a break from the support groups because it felt like a never ending cycle of grief and I was trying to get away from that feeling. My mother's beyond the point where she can go to a day program and I totally agree when it comes to in-home care. I do the best I can with what we have.
This is a group my mom usually attends and we had hired a caregiver to come in for two hours ($50) so we could go out together. It was definitely not the right place for me. Mom seems to get something out of it, so I support her in going. I have a friend who spent the last two years caring for her husband before he passed of stomach cancer and she's been my best go-to for support. If I can get out of the house, I'd rather spend it doing something light and not related to caregiving. I'm not naive to the path we're headed down and while advice on local resources would be great, I can tell that group is not going to be of much help.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
choclgs (08-17-2019)