View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
I just want to make one more quick statement.

I view my relationship with Dee and what came out of it as a relative success. Not an absolute success. But relative to what it could have been like for her without me there, yes, it was successful. My gage: Dee was in a position to succeed. She had all the tools and some amazing support behind her which, for a while, she did utilize. She talked the right talk and, for a while, walked the right walk (at least to some extent.) We made our relationship work for about a year post-prison. And to be clear, not everything was bad. I do carry some good memories from that time. And, for what it's worth, she still has not gone back to jail (though I would argue that's more on luck than merit.)

That said, the relationship was still a technical failure when it was all said and done because she inevitably went back to what she knew instead of continuing to "feel the love" as it were from myself and from her family.

Making a relationship like this work is very, very hard and can take a lot out of you. Even if you succeed...you might still fail.
That is a great view on life in general. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you but glad you are still positive enough to see the good in it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefinder For This Useful Post:
missingdee (09-09-2019)