View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Truthfully? I think I'm a terrible friend. I'm not a terrible person, but on the spectrum of 'good friend' characteristics, I fall very short.

I don't have a lot of time to hang out or socialize. Even letter writing has taken a serious back seat.

I hate talking on the phone.
Sometimes texting is off my radar. Email? If I have to.

I don't see me looking to expand my horizons at the moment. I can respect the opinions and paths of others but my desire to explore along with them is dead.

I'm excellent at making plans and canceling them.

The only kind of friend I feel I can be right now is an immediate and defined need friend. Are you sick? I can bring soup. Do you need a ride somewhere? I can probably do that. But hanging out and shooting the breeze without watching the clock is just beyond me. It's circumstantial, I know it. I used to meet friends for lunch at least once a week and it was great! Now, it's a chore.

I guess we all go through changes. I don't expect this to last forever. I just hope I hang in there long enough to find a loving, stable circle again for lunch and laughs.
Such relatable content! 😂
Iíve socially regressed so much since Iíve hit my 30s. Iím so happy in my own company now, maintaining large circle of friends is exhausting. Iím happy with just a couple. Iíve also noticed where I was once tolerant to peoples oddities, I find incredibly toxic now and cannot be around anyone who lacks self awareness. Iím a grumpy old 80 year old stuck in a 30 year olds body 😂 #getoffmylawn #justletmeplaysolitaireandnap
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KiwiPP For This Useful Post:
maytayah (02-13-2019), miamac (02-11-2019), Sarianna (02-12-2019), sidewalker (02-12-2019)