Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Met While Incarcerated (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=645)
-   -   Met While Incarcerated: How often do you talk? (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=665714)

foreverandever6 07-18-2014 04:26 PM

Met While Incarcerated: How often do you talk?

This has been on my mind as someone who is newly in a MWI relationship. I wonder how many of you talk to your MWI on a super frequent basis? If you call on a daily or weekly basis, do you still send regular letters? Do you do both, or just one?

My man and I are still in the frequent letter writing stage and I wonder once we escalate into the phone stage if the letter writing will subside into something more sporadic as we look forward to our daily (or weekly) phone conversations. Especially over a longer time period since my man is a lifer - I can imagine it might be challenging to maintain that electric connection without the constant physicality !?

Patty 07-18-2014 05:55 PM

Everyone is different, each couple unique. You can't really base what happens in your relationship on that of any other. :shrug:

Siesie617 07-18-2014 06:46 PM

We talk weekly for a hour every two to three days and I slacked on letters last month but we normally do the calls and letters to get us by.I think it works for us though.

LillyVphoenix 07-18-2014 06:50 PM

We communicate at least once a day, as well as letters.

Chucky'swife 07-18-2014 09:33 PM

At first it was just writing letters later on it was talking on the phone and writing letters, and now its just talking on the phone very few letters. Unless hes not allowed calls than its letters again.

Antnee Girl 07-18-2014 10:11 PM

Mostly calls

I rarely write I think the phone is more convenient for us. I hate writing letters.:blah:

Psychocandy 07-19-2014 12:22 AM

We talk on the phone at least twice a week. We email 3 times a day and have good old letters twice a week as well. The phone time is never enough to say everything.

Franksdoll0905 07-19-2014 01:25 AM

Phone calls twice a week. Letters twice a week. Three emails a day.

And we have had 29 visits so far.

maniacswifey619 07-19-2014 01:53 AM

my love and I talk on the phone anywhere from 2-5 times a day on average. Sometimes more sometimes less. We hardly write. The phone is definitely more convenient for us.

Sunflow 07-19-2014 12:18 PM

We don't have pvone calls, thank's to me living in Europe and him being a guest of TDCJ which does not allow international calls. We write daily.

SeattleCutie79 07-19-2014 12:36 PM

He talk on the phone twice a day. We also write emails at least 3 times a week and write letters :)

Qessie 07-19-2014 01:40 PM

Once phone calls started for us, my letter writing slacked off dramatically. He was upset about it initially, but after 2-5 phone calls a day and up to 20 emails, there just wasn't anything left anymore to put into a letter. Now, I write a short letter when I send pics, but that's maybe once a month, if that often.

Maggiegirl66 07-19-2014 03:34 PM

Since he gets 300 minutes of phone a month, he uses 200 on me and 100 on his family. We email 3-4 times a day.

Just Jen 07-19-2014 09:46 PM

We average 3-4 calls per week, but there have been times when we just needed to talk more and it's been more like double that. We still write 1-2 letters a week... again, sometimes more often when the need arises. But there have been times when he or I have begun to slack on letter writing, and the other has to remind them of the importance of keeping communication open. If we're not careful, the tendency will be to decrease writing while increasing the frequency of the phone. This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the cost of collect calls. I have to pay the piper when the phone bill comes due. We both know that these are the parameters we have established and that work for our situation. You and your man will have to do the same.

PDGreene 07-19-2014 09:53 PM

He calls once to twice a week and we send letters not everyday but I got one or two a week from him and he gets about the same from me. Also some of you said you get emails, the ones who get emails are they not in federal or state prison I was told that if they are in a fed prison they can't have internet access except in the law library is that right?

Psychocandy 07-19-2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDGreene (Post 7341857)
He calls once to twice a week and we send letters not everyday but I got one or two a week from him and he gets about the same from me. Also some of you said you get emails, the ones who get emails are they not in federal or state prison I was told that if they are in a fed prison they can't have internet access except in the law library is that right?

No....federal inmates have corrlinks they have access to email not the internet.

Mrs Winder 07-19-2014 11:14 PM

I feel that if its real the fire can never be put out. I email my husband everyday and talk to him quite often and have never gotten board and I'm sure you won't either don't worry about anything just remember to always keep in mind that he's in a bad place so you have to really use your imagination and keep him focused on possitive...

Qessie 07-20-2014 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDGreene (Post 7341857)

Yep, emails via corrlinks for me as well. He's in the fed system.

thebigpickle 07-20-2014 03:40 AM

Sometimes up to five 15 min calls, other times we stop at three. Write twice a month or so.

baby0717 07-20-2014 03:58 AM

We talk at least once a day and letters/cards 5-6 days a week.

taraluv1 07-20-2014 07:01 PM

He calls me 2-3 times a day once in the morning and a back to back call at night. Not many guys in his little work tier.

mrSLOCC 07-21-2014 08:13 PM

Before my love lost his phone privileges we talked twice a day and sent out mail at least 4 days a week that's what we agreed on

lilitalymix 07-21-2014 10:45 PM

He calls, I write. We do what we can to keep communication.

saskatchewanian 07-23-2014 04:08 PM

We do 9 calls a week (sometimes more) and daily emails.

LillyVphoenix 07-24-2014 02:18 PM

i just wanted to update what i am doing now with the communication. iv kept a typing journal on my laptop that ill type in between a 5-7 day period on and off then print and send. these typed letters are always longer at least 8-12 maybe more pages. i send out at least 1 hand written letter thats 3-4 pages front and back. also 1 postcard. i have postcards from all over and i started to send a postcard with a poem/lyrics on it. i figure its nice for him to receive something a couple times a week, so i decided to send the letters and post card all separate days so he gets them different types throughout the week! another cool idea guys, you can make postcards or greeting cards at walmart online for just cents like pennies i think, and make a photo of you on it. i been thinking about that maybe sending 2 postcards a scenic one and 1 of me every week or something. im really trying to get creative. i know we can make custom stamps too even larger size ones then the regular sized stamps double that.