Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1702)
-   -   really need some info please... questions about Kilby and sentence (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245025)

cncjmw 01-03-2007 12:13 AM

really need some info please... questions about Kilby and sentence

Hi! I need some info from ya'll...my fiance will be transfering from Calhoun County Jail in Anniston Alabama. He doesn't know when, but its for probation violation. Long story...he told the judge just to send him to prison and he could EOS(end of sentence) his time. He was on probation for 3yrs and had a 5600 fine to pay, but after he leaves Kilby it'll all be over. He was sentenced to Kilby for 1-3yrs, but the time in county counts towards time at kilby. So, I think he'll have to only do 6mos to a yr, right?? I'm not sure how this works?! Can anyone help? I have heard Kilby is one of the worst prisons in bama, is that right? Also they say if you go your guaranteed to get raped? Have ya'll heard that?? We have a 2yr old, and are they allowed to have visitors and if so, is it okay for a 2yr old to be at a place like that?? If anyone has some info, I could really use it. Thank you!!

Blueyez94 01-04-2007 10:45 AM

Yes they will count his time spent in county towards his sentence. Once he gets to Kilby he has to set up his phone and visit lists. I am not sure how long he has to wait to get visits, I have heard it can range from 2 weeks to 90 days, once he gets there he will be able to tell you. Yes it is ok for a 3yr old to visit just be sure to take the birth certificate with you.

cncjmw 01-04-2007 10:02 PM

Do you think the longer he stays in county the shorter the time is in Kilby? I was thinking that if he stays at county for like another month it could be reduced to only 3mos in Kilby?! I hate the waiting to find out how long he has to stay! How long does your husband have to stay? Thank you for the help!!

Blueyez94 01-05-2007 12:21 PM

The longer he stays in county the shorter the time in state prison. He will get credited all his county time to his sentence. Yes the waiting sucks...My hubby is in Bullock and has alittle over 7yrs left on his sentence unless he gets paroled.

south1 02-19-2007 04:22 PM

My son was sent to Kilby in February. He was also sent from Calhoun County. Is your husband still there? I have been trying to get someone to explain his release date. He has 3 years with 251 days jail credit. His release date is 11/06/2007. His is a probation violation. I thought this seemed like a long time. He said he would get 40 days for 30 now then 75. Does this sound correct? I would appreciate anyone that could help me with this. I hope everything goes ok for you.
South1

Blueyez94 02-20-2007 04:28 PM

With the good time that EOS is probably correct, because for every day he does he gets good time credit....Make sure he stays out of trouble because they will take his good time if he gets in trouble. My hubby is in Bullock Correctional...