Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Anyone call their man "Papi" or "Daddy?" (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258014)

CharlotteLoves 03-17-2007 04:29 PM

Anyone call their man "Papi" or "Daddy?"

Are there many who call their guy "Papi" or "Daddy"?

I early on called my pen pal "Chulo", sort of as a surprise to him, and he wrote back and told me he liked "Papi Chulo" even more and wouldn't mind at all if I called him THAT. :D I'm all for keeping a Latin man happy (especially THIS one) :D, so I thereafter threw myself wholeheartedly into using "Papi" and "Papi Chulo". Once he wrote: "Who's your Daddy?" and I'm telling you, it made me weak in the knees just seeing it in a letter.

If you do say them, has he ever told you how your saying it makes him feel? How? I'd like to know what any guys have said about it.

What surprised me so much was how much I enjoyed saying them to him. To the point of imagining being able to say it to him during, ahem, "those" moments (you know what I mean :drool:) Does it do that to anyone like it does to me? Or am I just a big freak? LOL. Papi, Daddy, either one does it to me GOOD. :D:drool:

catcat73 03-17-2007 04:36 PM

I DON'T REALLY USED THOSE TERMS ,HE'S MY HUNNY,BOO,AND FOR THOSE TIMES WHEN AM ANGRY AT HIM I SPEAK SPANISH BUT BET IT ISN'T (PAPI)(LOL) SOMETIMES I START A SPANISH CONVERSATION WITH HIMAND HE BE LIKE (SI,SI,)THATS ALL THE SPANISH HE KNOWS AND BETTER FOR ME FOR THOSE ANGRY DAYS :eek: :rolleyes:

myliss 03-17-2007 04:37 PM

i call deont'e bay, babe, boo, pookie, and baby. along with a few other numerous nicknames. i havent called him papi or daddy, i dont like those names for some reason! i just love calling him those names or hearing him call me my nicknames because its like personalized, and i love it. its like i am his and he is mine. =D

JnJ2hearts1soul 03-17-2007 04:38 PM

daddy, daddy, daddy!! girllll I love calling him that :p. it turns me on in the worse way OMG the thought of his face when I say it,, whew let me calm down :o. he says his knees buckle when I say it. he loves it :D

CharlotteLoves 03-17-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JnJ2hearts1soul
daddy, daddy, daddy!! girllll I love calling him that :p. it turns me on in the worse way OMG the thought of his face when I say it,, whew let me calm down :o. he says his knees buckle when I say it. he loves it :D

JnJ2hearts1soul, I completely FEEL ya. It's an incredible turn-on to me. That surprised me so much because I had never used those words before he mentioned me doing it.

I think for him it probably makes him feel like a big, strong man with a woman looking up to him.

I think for me it makes me feel like I have somebody big and strong being protective of and caring with me.

Anyone agree or disagree from their own point of view?

LilSis08 03-17-2007 06:06 PM

Im not sure,To me it just seems weird no offense. I cant get over thinking that it puts him a position of power over me or something or its inapporiate. Maybe Im just thinking too much about it I dont know. Ive called him honey sweetie, babe, preppy boy, etc but never papi or daddy. I know papi is more of a Latin cultural thing right ???

rydeordie4lyfe 03-17-2007 06:16 PM

i can't ever call him daddy because whenever I say the word daddy, i think of my father.....so it's kinda of gross. He loves it when I call him baby.

babygurl919 03-17-2007 06:21 PM

I called him Daddy once joking around and it kinda turned him on, but it did nothing for me. :shrug: I don't think I could ever say it to him seriously, it just sounds too weird to me. :o To each his own, eh?

CharlotteLoves 03-17-2007 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydeordie4lyfe
i can't ever call him daddy because whenever I say the word daddy, i think of my father.....so it's kinda of gross. He loves it when I call him baby.

I never called my father "Daddy". Ever. I've always only called him "Dad". So, "Daddy" is A-OK for my Latin guy in my eyes. :)

And yea, MissTara, I believe "Papi" is a cultural thing.......:) Maybe because Hispanics come from a traditionally patriarchal society? :confused: That's my guess. Maybe the Daddy-thing comes from the same, but non-Hispanic, societal reason (male dominance)?

I'm glad I put a "YUCK" choice in the poll for you all........:D I'm starting to feel like a freak over here because of you guys! :eek: Where are my Papi/Daddy sisters? LOL I need your support so I can feel normal again. :D

meganlea 03-17-2007 08:21 PM

I, personally, find it disgusting, immature, and disturbing when people call their significant others those names. That's just my two cents...

2GunzUp 03-17-2007 08:26 PM

Its Hot In Here

Im here to join you:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . I always call mines DADDY. and he loves it:D . he calls me lil mammi ( because im so shorter than him) and we have been calling eachother that for years as also other names. and YES it does something to the both of us:drool: . You not the only one charlotte when i call him that he be ready to pull me over the table:dance: . BOY I CANT WAIT TILL HE GETS HOME:drool: :drool: :drool: .

ca_inmate_lvr 03-17-2007 08:30 PM

Ditto!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JnJ2hearts1soul

JnJ2hearts1soul.....I know exactly what you mean! :drool: :drool: Enough said about it though, I still have 5 months till he comes home.:drool: :drool: IS IT AUGUST YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Froggyz Girl:love:

PTO-92958 03-17-2007 09:33 PM

I never called any man in my life "Daddy" except my father, who died when I was 12.
I used to think it was weird to hear a chick call her man "Daddy" or "Papi".
But "USED TO" are the operative words...
I call my Love "Daddy" all the time now, and it gets me all weak in the knees...hell, it brings me to my knees!
Call it a "male dominance" thing if you want...a power trip...I don't know and don't care! He never asked me to call him that...it just sorta began somehow.
I love that submissive feeling...like I gotta make my Daddy happy and be a "good girl" for him.
But I also get that (ahem) "moist" feeling whenever he calls me Mami too!
Equal opportunity dominance in this relationship! :D
Mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm!!! ;)

countingdayz 03-17-2007 09:55 PM

I'm not into the Daddy thing either I'm hispanic so I always call my father Papi, once in a while I call my husband my "papichulo" but not just papi by itself it would gross me out thinking of my dad.

monet420 03-17-2007 10:10 PM

every once in a while I will but Papi in a letter but I dont ever call him that. He always writes "be good for daddy" but again I never call him daddy. I just call him babe or baby :D

Patty 03-17-2007 10:31 PM

I call my man daddy. I call my grandson daddy as he is the little man of his house. For me it's both cultural and affectionate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meganlea
I, personally, find it disgusting, immature, and disturbing when people call their significant others those names. That's just my two cents...

Wow meganlea that's a bit harsh but I'm sure you've got your reasons, in any case you are entitled to your opinion so are all members and sometimes we just have to agree to disagree and I only ask that we do that respectfully...

Patty

Addicted_one 03-17-2007 10:33 PM

I call him Daddy. My daughter thinks it's GROSS and isn't trying to hear that so I think I will save it for the bedroom. But I also call him baby boy!

Other than that I would just LOVE to call him!

meganlea 03-17-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotLatinaMILF4U
Wow meganlea that's a bit harsh but I'm sure you've got your reasons, in any case you are entitled to your opinion so are all members and sometimes we just have to agree to disagree and I only ask that we do that respectfully...

Of course. That's why I said it was just my two cents -- which we're all entitled to on here. I'm obviously not the minority in feeling this way, however... To each his own!

Waitin4BlueEyes 03-17-2007 11:21 PM

I've always had nicknames for my guy like "Blue Eyes", but about a year ago he said he thought he'd like it if I called him Daddy. I immediately thought of my Dad and told him, "nope, can't do it hun". But he has mentioned it numerous times since then and refers to himself as such in his letters. After thinking about it I realized that I have never called my Dad "Daddy", so really it shouldn't bother me and honestly it does turn me on to call my man "Daddy":) So I've started to in letters, but have yet to actually say it to him. Maybe the next time he calls I will answer the phone "Hey Daddy" and see what kind of reaction I get:D

mrschris 03-18-2007 03:06 AM

i have a myriad of nicknames i call my hubby, including Daddy. even though he's latin i don't call him Papi...it sounds so psuedo to me lmao. i have written it out to him in a letter though. i don't have an issue with any pet names...i gotta make it do what it do for my love.

JamaicanChula 03-18-2007 05:03 AM

Before my latin ex, I used to always want to be able to call a guy "Papi". I used it so much with my ex that now I think it sounds weird when I say it to my current man. I think I said it 1x or 2x and then I thought, damn this reminds me of my ex, so I don't say that to him anymore. He loves hearing "baby" so that's what I use.

Majority of people think I look latina so guys typically say "Hey mami" when they try to get my attention. I don't mind, I love the spanish language.

Now, the word Daddy is a different story - it sounds weird to me, I never called a man Daddy before because my mother didn't want my father to be in my life so I don't even know who my daddy really is. I don't care if other people call their man Daddy, it doesn't bother me.

JamiesGirl06 03-18-2007 05:31 AM

I have to agree, I don't think someone should call their lover, daddy! To me it sounds preverted. My children call their Father, Daddy. Just too weird for me!!!!!!

crow94 03-18-2007 09:09 AM

Whatever floats anyone's boat...

but no, I would never call my love interest "daddy". I have a daddy, a dad, a pop, a father, whom I love very much and yes, I am a bit of a daddy's girl. So the whole "ick" factor is there for me.

I can't call anyone daddy except my dad, but that is just my own personal feeling. I mean, I could never even date anyone with a moustache because my dad has always had one, you know? :p

Besides, any man I would have a sexually initimate realtionship is not my father figure.... he would be my lover. To each their own: if that gets your kink on, then so be it.;)

Now, then again, calling your sigificant other "dad" has a different meaning if you have kids together. My mom always called dad "dad" in front of me and my sis growing up, so that we called him "dad", too, instead of my his first name. Just like my dad called my mom "ma".:) Well, dad still calls my mom "ma" in front of me, but now my mom just does the exasperated "HOWARD!!" most of the time...:D

Anyway, that is my :twocents:

LADYCEE 03-18-2007 10:24 AM

I call my hubby daddy so much I sometime forget his name :hmm: (lololol). The look that comes over his face just does something to me so its not just to make him happy cause I'm all so happy of the outcome especially when we are alone. And he calls me ma...:D

haswtch 03-18-2007 11:56 AM

I'd feel awkward with it and I think he would too, but I certainly don't think it's icky for others if the like it:)
There are some private ways we think of each other that I am sure some would find tasteless in their own right.
But I have a question. What does Chulo mean anyway? I feel so naive (blush)