Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1702)
-   -   Information about Draper Correctional Facility in Elmore, Al. (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165222)

DekiaLundy 12-05-2005 07:07 PM

Information about Draper Correctional Facility in Elmore, Al.

What's up with Draper Correctional Facility in Elmore, Al.? What's it's like?My hunsband is there. How long does it take before a prioner is even considered for parole? My prayers are with you all!!
Be blessed and stay encouraged!!

Mrs. Dekia A. Lundy
James 1:2

angcat03 12-06-2005 12:15 AM

I dont know what Draper is like except from what I have heard from others. What I have heard it not that bad of a place. There are alot worse! My son is 20 and he will be moved from kilby soon. He will either go to Draper or Limestone so I am wondering as much as you are about it. Hopefully we will get some information soon.

Take care and try not too worry too much.

Angie

Blueyez94 12-06-2005 09:10 AM

Its been awhile since my husband was there but from what i remember it wasn't all that bad. There are some much worse. as to your question about parole. Usually they serve 1/3 of there sentence before they are up for parole.

DeniseJJ 12-08-2005 08:03 AM

welcome

first of all i would like to welcome you to PTO, you'll find loads of info here...

and i'ts our pleasure to have you too...

Kenny and I wasn't involved with each other when he was at draper, but he spend many days there and listening to him talk about the different facilites I have gotten the since that draper was one of the better places for him..

take care

denisej

amberlen 12-16-2005 06:25 PM

My son is currently at Draper, he has been there since May. He is 25. He has not had many problems there. Really the only problem he has had is that if he has anything in his locker it gets stolen. No big deal though, he just doesn't keep anything. If he gets a snack, he just eats it then. He got used to that. He also found it hard to get into the classes there, he just didn't know how to do it. My son spoke to Captain Womble there and he told him how it works. Other than that, he said it hasn't been bad. He always says he is doing ok. From what he has heard it is one of the better places.

Lysbeth 12-17-2005 06:19 PM

Draper's not too bad. It's been a while since we were there, but that's where my guy spent his first several years. Of the 6-7 facilities he's been in I guess we'd probably rate it #2 under Limestone.

outlaw 02-19-2006 03:11 PM

I was there myself during 1977 through 9/80, and at the time I thought it the worst place on earth, but Draper was the first real prison I had ever been in. After I had talked to people and been to other Institutions in Alabama and Florida, over the years, I have decided that Draper was a piece of cake, compared to some others. I dont know how much it has changed since then so, that is all I have to say about that. Life is like a box of choclates, you never know what you gonna get. Good luck to all that have loved ones behind bars.

Lysbeth 02-21-2006 03:47 AM

My basic take on ADOC in general? Anywhere is better than Easterling. Sad but true. My guy was not too crazy about Draper in his years there - that was the first facility he was in upon entering the system and leaving reception at Kilby - but now ranks it as about #2 of the ones he's been in, after all these years...

loveellyeliz 10-17-2006 01:11 PM

draper is prity good my husbend is there its ok he told us we see him 2 times a month

loveellyeliz 10-17-2006 01:12 PM

i rank draper as a #2

Julie4Daniel 10-17-2006 01:36 PM

Is that 1/3 of the sentence the good time or the full time?

loveellyeliz 02-03-2007 12:34 PM

hey
I wanted to ask if you can wear half way pants to the visitations.When it gets wamer. Please let me know . God blesses

loveellyeliz 02-20-2007 11:53 AM

dose any one know how i can find kilby prison. so i can find out there thay are (adreesses). thanks