Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prison Legislation & Laws (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Which's More Important? Sentence Reduction or Extended Family Visits / Trailer Visits (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61388)

angel12569 09-16-2008 05:47 AM

I would have to agree on sentence reduction, having a family visit is nice, but reality hits you in the face when you have to leave and its tough, especially on the kids, its definitely a tease like vanessa g mentioned

missingmyhubby2 09-17-2008 08:53 PM

i would like to say i agree with the reduction time i mean my hubby got 14 yrs, hopefully he will be getting out 09/07/18 my son will be 21 yrs old and my daughter will be 19 so if he can get out quicker that would be so great!!!!! we miss him so much and my kids have changed so much that its getting hard 4 me to control them lol n i need his help so bad.... they used to be great kids i'm just scared they are goona end up going down the same raod he did,,, but i pray every nite that god can help us outta this mess

iceblue diamond 09-17-2008 10:30 PM

God is the answer, you are so right, everything is in His timing. Let your children know about your fears. Let them know how you are struggling with this, you need them to help you and their father make it through this. Be blessed!!!! Sentence Reduction, YES...

flynena 09-21-2008 02:30 PM

For as much as my husband & I are awaiting the trailor visits, if they gave him a choice of trailor visits vs. time reduction I know for a fact he would opt for time reduction , thats if he had a determined sentence behind him, but since he don't I know he would opt for trailor visits. But can't we have both! LOL

Ms Nick Deere 09-21-2008 09:00 PM

Time Reduction for me too,I want my Boo home! The faster the better.

Ireland_4Ever 09-21-2008 09:57 PM

I guess I can't stay inside the box so how about.. no parole!

MyTwoBoys 09-30-2008 11:04 AM

I can wait for the goodly lol as long as I know he's coming home faster I'm all for Reduced Time cause well then the good stuff is forever not just a couple of hours.

lillyqueen84 10-04-2008 09:50 AM

I strongly choose "GOOD TIME" Anything that could get him home sooner to his family. His sentence is 4-20 years and it would be sooo cool for him to get out with good time. He does great, as for bettering himself, doing what he's supposed to (his classes and extra good behavior) and he does way more than he needs to. It's making him a better person!

EternallyHis 10-04-2008 09:51 AM

this is a toughie for me...I want to say family visits....but then if he could be eligible for 50% reduction....then he'd be home sooner and spending every night with me...though I can see how the family visits would make life more bearable and could possibly even reduce sertain situations in prisons...UGH i dunno

408MoonGem 10-04-2008 09:52 AM

My man got 15 to life so I'm jumping all over (((sentence reduction)))

yesiamuniqueme 10-23-2008 08:29 PM

I'm not sure because on a personal level my man is doing life w/0 so there is no reduction. But for everyone else I would say reduce the time depending on how much time is left.

carandan 10-25-2008 10:56 AM

Reduction or visits

In my case reduction is more important. My son is autistic and needs to get out as soon as possible. He is also in his mid-twenties and he has time to rebuild his life. I pray for you my angel:broken:

msholland1978 10-25-2008 11:07 AM

I say sentence reduction, because time is so important.

robertegarrett 11-09-2008 12:24 AM

Visitation is often more stressful than no visitation. I dont know about you, but leaving visittion hurts a lot. To me, it is a no-brainer. Earlier release is return to nomality. Visitation is an abnormality.

cheysmom 11-21-2008 07:44 PM

Early Release

My son has 6 years left with 4 children under the age of 7, he needs to come home and be a dad. Early release definately.

teddybearsmate 12-07-2008 07:50 PM

for me it would be for the visits because he has a life without parole sentence and it isn't for the sex either it is for the contact the hugs the closeness being able to spend time together and for him to spend time with his child reading a book to her with her on his lap and not have the cos give him a hard time tucking her in to bed if even for a night you know human contact because in the end that is what gets them through is the loved ones now for the people who have short sentences the good time would be great for them but i am speaking for me and i would love to have family visits with him:heart:

CeeCee110907 12-10-2008 07:49 AM

I will go with sentence reduction because he would be able to be there for our kids

ashlynnrich 01-06-2009 01:50 PM

I think this is a hard question to answer. For one, sentence reduction will be great then he would be able to be home for good, but then you would want visits depending on how long he has.

MzDynamique 01-06-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kreepsgirl (Post 600214)
Time Reduction for me too. My man has a long sentence ahead of him. I would love for him to beable to do 65%-50% other than 85%!

I agree....my hubby has to do 85% of his time..if he had a sentence reduction..he would've been home????

Lion's Victory 01-06-2009 02:11 PM

Reducing his sentence for good behavior would be better for me. The sooner he comes home the better. We don't have kids for family visits and I could hold out a reasonable couple of years.

ant's wife 01-06-2009 03:00 PM

sentence reduction i can't stand to have to look in his eyes get up and leave without him

mccuneday 01-06-2009 04:44 PM

I guess I'm selfish I want both!!!

Toby's Girl 01-21-2009 09:24 PM

It is kind of hard to choose between the 2. Conjucal visits would be a plus, but I would love for my husband to get good time credits so that he can get out of the D.O.C:jump::jump::jump:

snowy6140 01-23-2009 04:44 PM

good time but I think they should bring back parole for the crazy judges and district attorneys. If they are in a bad mood or are out to make an example of you, you are screwed. Lets face it your lawyer isn't going to help you unless you had the money to pay him and choose your own. He is just there for the check but at least after some time goes by you have a chance hopefully of a group of people deciding if you deserve to have your sentence changed.

nevaeh2morrow 03-15-2009 09:53 PM

I have always believed and lived for - both/and versus either/or.