Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prison Legislation & Laws (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Which's More Important? Sentence Reduction or Extended Family Visits / Trailer Visits (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61388)

Anniko 02-01-2008 03:33 PM

sentence reduction!!!

rominakins 02-02-2008 05:56 AM

Sentence Reduction Without A Doubt!

A_T_H_E_N_A 02-03-2008 02:33 AM

i would for sure choose sentence reduction...:)

Sade4us 02-06-2008 11:28 AM

Can we have both? :D :D

I'd much rather have a sentenance reduction. 40 years without parole is a long time and if it was cut in 1/2, I could handle that a lot better. Right now we're looking at 70 years of age before he gets out. :( 50 would be wonderful.

But then again we don't have children togther either. Good question. I think it all depends on everyones indv. situation.

jrt2006 02-27-2008 03:34 PM

I too would like it if my husband could have his sentence reduced, he got more time than another man who stabbed his girlfriend over 20 times (my husband got 15 yrs for 7 3rd degree burglaries, and the other guy got 8 yrs) It was about the same time another person had 27 burglaries with a prior record and got two and a half yrs, There is not one person who thinks this is fair so I am trying to figure out what I can do to help him get his sentence reduced.

LamontLover 02-27-2008 04:22 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth... and Lamont's heart... :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by roddrick's baby
i don't have to think too much about this because i'm not allowed visits so i'm voting for the sentence reduction. however...even if i did have visits i'd still be going for the sentence reduction because i'm ready for him to come home!

tiamaria 02-27-2008 07:13 PM

Most definately sentence reduction. I need him home.

missmandy314 02-27-2008 07:17 PM

i would pick sentence reduction, the sooner my baby is home the sooner we can get on with our lives.

mechiswifey 02-27-2008 07:17 PM

I GO WITH THE SENTENCE REDUCTION. EVEN THOUGH MY MAN HAS BEEN AWAY 18YRS WITH 6 MORE TO GO (I PRAY NOT) I WOULD RATHER HE BE HOME AND WE CAN DO WHATEVER AT THAT TIME. :eek:

MrsMax 03-05-2008 06:29 PM

My man is doing life without and CA stopped EFV's about 10 years ago for lifers. Those visits were not just about sex but trying to get some quality family time. The family members valued those visits a great deal as much as the inmates. EFV's should be reinstated for all inmates who earn the priviledge.

jonivea 03-05-2008 07:28 PM

I would rather have the sentence reduction at any day and time........

meloo38 03-06-2008 11:53 PM

I'm all about the sentence reduction, if he's home we dont need the family visits.....

twixnstix 03-07-2008 09:22 AM

i would choose sentence reduction... so would my man... other than knowing family visits are already allowed in california, but even if they wernt, i want him home more than seeing him for extended time once every few months... we could actually get to living our life normally and get over all this stuff.

and i agree with mrsmax, i think lifers should be able to have efv back if they stay on good behavior and whatnot... think of the kids of theres that only get to see daddy or mommy behind glass their entire life.

missinghim23 03-14-2008 01:12 AM

i say sentence reduction i want him home !!!!!!!!!!! .. i already dont have family visits so why would i want to make them longer lol.. just GIVE HIM BACK!!!!!

i agree with mrsmax lifers should have efv !!! its isnt just about the sex its about spending time with him and if they have kids they can spend time with their dad and not behind glass.. i mean jesus he is gonna be in there u could give them a little break.. but i do think they should have to have good behavor !!

misskitty78382 03-14-2008 10:58 AM

rather have a reduction of time

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChandaMija
Sentence Reduction (Good Time) or Extended Family Visits AKA conjugal/trailer visits? I want to let you know that EFVs aren't necessarily for physical pleasure purposes, but it can be overnight or weekend visits with immediate family members including kids for quality time. Right now, only 6 states allow conjugal visits. Fed-X, am I right? And right now, pretty a few states allow good time up to 50% off the original sentence depending on the severity of the various charges. Since we already have those in some states, why are we complaining about wanting more laws on these issues? I just don't understand? :confused: If we want a law changed, then we have to pick ONE that's MORE important to us then we can take action on writing up a bill proposal and send it to the state legistature then they'll take consideration. So now, I already rolled up my sleeves and ready to brainstorm on an legal outline so I can write a proposal for ONE of these. So... tell me, people, which's more important to yoU???????????

a reduction of time is better the faster they do it faster they are home , mother and sister in law of inmates

misskitty78382 03-14-2008 11:01 AM

dam stab a girlfriend, yeap alot in there for that, yes you get more time , than if you ahd killed them, my son was never on probation, never been in prison before he got two 5 year sentence, i seen dopers walk out with less and murders also, i feel you

askiikizzysgirl 03-23-2008 09:38 AM

sentence reduction, so we can start our family

Mittenz 06-11-2008 06:16 PM

I voted for sentence reduction because I know I would have a hard time leaving on a EFV. However my man is not an angel and getting a sentence reduction would be hard to accomplish. I am 100% sure he would want the EFV and spend some time with his children or even have us create our son we both are yearning for.

Graywolf's wife 06-12-2008 01:23 PM

at least you have a choice, my husband is a lifer and will never get either one.. nor do I .... now how about that?

angel12569 06-12-2008 09:22 PM

I would rather have sentence reduction. But I also feel lifers who are on good behavior, and earn it should get trailer visits. Lifers do have family and some have kids, so not only is the lifer suffering but so is the family. I think lifers would behave better knowing they have something to look forward too. I am fortunate that my husband is not a lifer ,although sometimes it feels like it is.

robertegarrett 06-19-2008 09:48 PM

Be aware that the award of good conduct time is NOT a reduction of sentence. The court sets sentence, and BOP cannot reduce a sentence. It merely reduces time of incarceration. If time served plus GCT exceeds the court sentence, it will not necessarily result in release. That is why the BOP release date does not always grant the full 54 days max GCT per year.

leanna619 07-06-2008 07:10 PM

Definitely want a sentence reduction for good behavior!!!!!

ashlynnrich 08-25-2008 03:13 PM

I would prefer the sentence reduction, but my husband was sentenced as a habitual offender so there will be no sentence reduction on his part. So I would love to have the Extended Family Visits.

T'sBabygirl 09-14-2008 08:43 PM

I asked my man today and he said definitely sentence reduction. Didn't even pause to think about it.

Vanessa G. 09-16-2008 03:53 AM

I wasnt really sure what to pick but actually now that i think bout it i should have picked sentence reduction because i have family visits and i feel like those are like a tease, you spend awhile with your loved one and right when your getting use to it and feeling happy being together again you have to leave and wait another month or 2 to see them again. Thats just me, but i would rather have him home sooner.