Prison Talk

Prison Talk (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prison Legislation & Laws (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Which's More Important? Sentence Reduction or Extended Family Visits / Trailer Visits (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61388)

Babygurl07 06-11-2007 06:13 PM

My man serving 40 years he done served 4 years I hope these appeals come through for him cause he needs a second chance out here. I hope his time gets reduced may god be with everyone waiting on their man.

maddyp3 06-11-2007 06:39 PM

Sentence reduction all the way!! The sooner he's home the better!

mmartinez81813 06-15-2007 01:02 PM

I would definetly say early release. The reason I say that is because with the family visits the counselor makes the decision whether you get the family visit or you don't. If they like the inmate you get it if they dont you dont. there is always a grey area that they can deny you on. I know this from experience. We got family visits at one prison, and then at another we did not.........did you know that they can deny you because of an arrest charge, even if it did not go to court, because it was a bogus charge.

speedysgirl2012 06-16-2007 10:24 PM

I would have to say sentence reduction, although after 11 years a conjugal visit would be great, but, then we'd have to get married in prison. And Ohio doesn't even have those kind of visits. So the sentence reduction would be the way for us. With 5 years to go time off for taking classes, good behavior, etc. would be wonderful. And I get to visit once a week for six hours except the months we have five weeks. So I would like him to come home sooner :-)

Babygurl07 06-18-2007 07:27 PM

How do we find out the process of the law where it is at in what stages of shortened time or congual visits

maria t 06-19-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre'sbaby
The visits would/will be nice, but my baby has been in for ten years with only one ticket. He stays out of trouble, and a reduced sentence would be a nice reward for that. We can all of the "visit" when he comes home.

I IGREA:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WifejailedinAZ 07-10-2007 02:11 PM

While being able to make love to my wife would be EXCELLENT! having her home so we can do it every night would be much better. All joking aside, I'd rather have her out sooner and back home than to have contact/conjugal visits.

anewlife 08-06-2007 01:46 PM

Sentence Reduction

sonik 08-08-2007 06:35 AM

Il see my husband once a year and although the extended visits would be nice ;) I would say without hesitation definatly time reduction. I want my baby home :)

Armzgrl 09-29-2007 07:49 PM

sentence reduction, mu husband was sentenced to 6 years with the feds, I much rather have him come home sooner...

donna tuttle 09-29-2007 11:33 PM

reduction

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChandaMija
Sentence Reduction (Good Time) or Extended Family Visits AKA conjugal/trailer visits? I want to let you know that EFVs aren't necessarily for physical pleasure purposes, but it can be overnight or weekend visits with immediate family members including kids for quality time. Right now, only 6 states allow conjugal visits. Fed-X, am I right? And right now, pretty a few states allow good time up to 50% off the original sentence depending on the severity of the various charges. Since we already have those in some states, why are we complaining about wanting more laws on these issues? I just don't understand? :confused: If we want a law changed, then we have to pick ONE that's MORE important to us then we can take action on writing up a bill proposal and send it to the state legistature then they'll take consideration. So now, I already rolled up my sleeves and ready to brainstorm on an legal outline so I can write a proposal for ONE of these. So... tell me, people, which's more important to yoU???????????

california doesn't give either!!! 10,000 are past release dates so no 50% here.

djdski 09-30-2007 11:55 AM

sentence reduction for sure for sure

dimples28 10-01-2007 06:11 PM

Sentence Reduction

20 months til my man comes home

Luv0fHisLife 10-02-2007 10:43 AM

I would have to say sentece reduction. Then my baby came come home sooner... :D :D :D :D :D :D

BabygirlNGary 10-10-2007 05:40 AM

I'd take sentence reduction anyday!!!

MYFIRSTBABYDAD 10-27-2007 10:19 AM

Sentence reduction

If my baby gets his sentence reduced, then that will mean that we will have more time to be with each other right in our own home.

MFBD;)

maddog 10-30-2007 04:05 AM

efv vs sentence reduction

:twocents: Of course we all want sentence reduction but it all matters on how much that redcution is for if your love is in for 25 to life...so I would vote for efv, unless I was given a high percentage that the possibilites for my man to get 50% of his time, that would mean he would be home very soon...and I don't want to get my hopes high... it hurts..well you all know...That's my two cents... thanks again

:confused:, just a little lost...

dearsweetapril 11-07-2007 03:57 PM

I'd say sentence reduction as well. Especially for non-violent offenders. We can get our loved ones home and free up the crowded prison systems.

mrschris 11-14-2007 11:07 PM

facing what we are facing and doing what we did...at this moment i would have opted for a sentence reduction because he would have been home in half the time he was has served so far, which means he would have been home already :)

yeah...i'm going with sentence reduction here...for all cases, if i had to choose. half time makes a HUGE difference even though it doesn't seem like it.

lifers could go from life to half of that. death row inmates could get reduced from death to say life w/parole eligibility.

i'd rather have him home out here with me than me home in there with him :(

Mrs. White 11-14-2007 11:20 PM

I say sentence reduction. The sooner he get home the better then we can have extended stays for the rest of our lives in our own home!!!!

See'ya Someday 12-23-2007 09:31 PM

reduction in time

jdsbabygirl610 12-25-2007 02:52 PM

I want him home sooner...rather than later with some weekend visits for nookie!!

eeniaLorr 12-30-2007 09:43 PM

That is right. You can "visit" as much at home as you want to!!!!

roddrick's baby 01-01-2008 02:31 PM

i don't have to think too much about this because i'm not allowed visits so i'm voting for the sentence reduction. however...even if i did have visits i'd still be going for the sentence reduction because i'm ready for him to come home!

luvnmissNATE 02-01-2008 09:56 AM

Definitely going for reduction...and when will it happen? I need my baby home just as I'm sure everyone else does...